South Asian Weddings

DIY Makeup

Re: the prior discussion, I've decided to definitely do mine myself.  I had a trial at Macy's on Sunday and while it certainly wasn't perfect (hot pink lips a la 1983), I feel like it will be when I do it myself.  And most importantly I could see how long the products stayed on my face ... all day in August.  So I highly recommend having a few trials to see different things you like and don't like, get ideas, get FI used to seeing you in more makeup than usual so he doesn't cringe when you walk down the aisle ...   ;)And I even more highly recommend returning items you don't want from your registry & using the credit to buy the needed products!

Re: DIY Makeup

• Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL your FI cringing is definitely something you want to avoid on your wedding day :-)I came back from my first makeup trial with the girl I didn't end up using and DH was slightly terrified of me haha
  • edited December 2011
    Katie - I'm DIYing my makeup, too. I went to Sephora a few weeks ago and picked up some foundation samples specifically because I wanted to try them out for our engagement pictures so I could see how well it held up all day, and how well it photographed. MakeUpForever is now officially my new favorite foundation - we got our pics taken outside on one of those 100 degree super humid days and it lasted through all the sweat and ickiness (ew!), and the pictures turned out great!!
  • katie978katie978 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks, deux!  I'll definitely check it out! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards