Moms and Maids
Options

FOB not coming...newspaper announcement

Question. Her dad is not coming to the wedding. Do we still list him in the program, and include him in the newspaper announcement? I mean, he is still her father even though he's a crappy one.

Re: FOB not coming...newspaper announcement

• Options
    Kristin789Kristin789 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm usually in the minority for questions like this - I think if the FOB is not supportive of the wedding, then he is choosing not to be mentioned in ptorgrams/announcements as well. It does not matter to me that he biologically sired her two decades ago. And really these are questions for the bride and MOB. Let them answer these questions.
  • Options
    duckie1905duckie1905 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This should be left up to the bride. Let her decide how she wants to handle it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kristin- CK is MOB.
  • Options
    Kristin789Kristin789 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh. I get it now. CK, I would not list him anywhere. He has not participated fully in her life and now he has notified you and/or your daughter that he isn't even going to physically show up to PLAY the role of Father of the Bride - so clearly he isn't interested. He gets to choose his behaviors, and he didn't chose to be a father to your daughter - not even for show.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agree with leaving him out...but I'm feeling harsh today.  If you want to play ugly games then you get no recognition.  She will be surrounded by the people who love her enough to show up. Whew...that hit a nerve :)
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards