Nevada-Las Vegas

Enough time?

We were planning on hiring a limo to take us to the ceremony, but think it would be easier just to book an additional hour with the party bus- this also means getting the food and drinks to the bus will be much easier! The question I have is this:We are geting married on a Tuesday at 1:30 at Little Church of the West. If I book the bus to pick fi and guests up from Mandalay Bay at 1:00, do you think they will be at the chapel before 1:15? (He has to be there at least 15 minutes before the ceremony) And also does this leave enough time to return to collect me and my BMs to be at the chapel for 1:30. Basically, it is allowing 10 minutes per trip.I will be telling guests that pick-up is at 12:45 to allow for any latecomers!I know traffic can be variable but generally is this enough time, or do you think I need to book the bus for earlier?

Re: Enough time?

• edited December 2011
    I would book it earlier just to be on the safe side. My FI thinks we're getting married at 3 (we're getting married at 4) so I know he gets to the chapel in time haha. We have to be in our respected bridal party suites a half hour before hand otherwise then can cancel the wedding :( I would have the bus take you and your BM's there first....have your girls arrive at 12:30/12:45....and then go back to get the guests.  This leaves an hour to make two round trips.
  • Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah maybe I should make it a bit earlier. I definitely only want for me and my girls to get there at 1:30 though as there is nowhere for us to wait once we get there and I don't want everyone to see me!
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds like we have very similar plans with a party bus :) Except my ceremony will be at 2:30 on a Tuesday at Chapel of Flowers. Our chapel provides one limo with the package so I decided that will be for me and the Marilyns. I will have the party bus take the FI and all the guests. If you are going with the party bus for all I would definitely go with you on the first trip. The guests can wait in the bus. That is another reason I want a party bus there since there is no where for the guests to wait inside the chapel and I am sure it will be hot.
  • Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hmm, that's a good idea- maybe bus for fi and the guests and then limo for us. Hadn't thought about the guests just hanging around outside!
  • mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I inquired with my photog about traffic at about that time and she said it would take ten minutes from Planet Hollywood to Excalibur on a Tuesday. Now, if it were a Saturday....It sounds to me like you are planning enough time with a 12;45 pickup and proceeding from there. As long as everything goes smoothly...:)
  • jccswljccswl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The good thing about this situation is that Mandalay and the Little Church of the West are both south of the strip. If you google map the locations (just for reference), says it's about 2min travel time.
  • mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Little Chapel of the West is behind MB if I remember my planning research correctly. :) What a great place to have your ceremony!
  • Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking- they are both right at the end of the strip and although they are opposite sides of the road, it really shouldn't take too long to get from MB to the chapel?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards