New Hampshire
Options

Guest Book Plate

So I'm thinking about using a plate from a pottery shop as the guest book.Heathermarie and any one else who did this, I'm considering painting the piece, letting it dry and then taking it "unglazed" to the wedding for notes and signatures then having it baked in the kiln after the wedding.  Thoughts?If you did have it glazed first, what kind of pens did you use?  Did you have it reglazed after?  (I don't even know if you can do that...)Thanks!

Re: Guest Book Plate

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got mine from Naked Plates in Dover. They design it for you first and then they give you a glaze pen to have your guests sign with. You then take the plate and bake it in your own oven. I am embarrassed to say we have not baked ours yet because my ILs have not signed it yet.Ninny make her own. I was not confident in my painting ability so it was worth the $$ to me.Here is the link: Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} http://www.thesignatureplace.com/ Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}
  • Options
    ninnypooperninnypooper member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As Gabs said, I painted my own at You're Fired!. I used the same fonts as I did on all my wedding stuff and it saved me MUCHO $$$$. I bought pens from Michael's that you can use on ceramic and was never planing on re-glazing it. I think it looks fine with just the 1st glazing before the signatures were put on it.GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you can write on the pottery after it's already been glazed... that's what we did... the pens you can get at Michael's are called "Porcelaine" http://www.artifolk.co.uk/images/products/4109x300.jpg like Gabs said... once you have it signed you just bake it in the oven (directions are on the pens) and you're all set! oh and we painted our pottery at Time to Clay in Nashua in case you were looking about doing it yourself... it was definitely a bonding experience for DH and me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards