Connecticut

AW: Rainy Day Wedding

Our wedding is Sunday and the forecasts have not been looking good. My mom sent me this last night and it made me feel so much better. I don't know who wrote it, but I love the part about thinking of your wedding every time it rains. so you wake up on your wedding day….full of anticipation & excitement….you go to your window & look out at….RAIN….rain, rain go away come again another day….your heart sinks….not today…. here’s the thing….its your WEDDING day…and its raining…take a deep breath & feel the moment….forget about the old saying about how its good luck to have rain on your wedding day….dig deeper….for the rest of your life every time it starts to rain, it will remind you of this wonderful special day in your life…..droplets on the window…the clean fresh feeling the rain drops bring with it…embrace your day…your lovely rainy day…the start of your life as a married woman. and chances are, you probably checked the weather report before your wedding day, so the rain may not be a complete surprise…so plan ahead….an adorable pair of galoshes & a special umbrella can be an adorable addition to your wedding gown….and make for wonderful photographs….speaking of photographs…i love the grey feeling of a rainy day…its a wonderful time to photograph….i promise….so embrace the unexpected…dance in your rain boots…and kiss your husband in the rain. may your wedding day be all that you imagined & may any unexpected happenings bring a smile to your face.

Re: AW: Rainy Day Wedding

• kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Wow that was awesome!! GL tomorrow!!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Very nice! Did you take the advice? Did you get some dashing rainboots? They make some really cute ones out there for pretty cheap. I'd check payless, kohl's, walmart. P.S. The weather report I saw for tomorrow was partly cloudy. Today is when I heard we'll get the most of it. I'm sure it will be great either way.
    Picnik collageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that is really sweet! I've heard that rain on your wedding day is goodluck, because rain symbolizes rebirth and starting new. goodluck, and have an amazing day!
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • CTbride79CTbride79 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow...that is beautiful :-)  My sister is attending a wedding today...I was feeling so bad for the bride, but I should e-mail my sister that to give to her! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dx w/PCOS 3/2011 | BFP 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12
    Dx w/IUGR 1/31/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image image image
  • Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    edited December 2011
    Rain on your wedding day does suck, but it really does siginify good luck and rebirth. I like the letter that Mom sent its great. I also like the idea of cute rain boots. Just remember no mater what happens with the weather. You'll be a married lady and you'll have a great day with friends and family.
  • edited December 2011
    Look how cute!\
    Stroller Pushing,Doctor Respecting, Full Time Daycare Paying, Alone Time Appreciating,Boundary Setting Momma
    Jenny McCarthy = Former Playmate and MTV host
    Pediatrician = Doctor with extensive experience and education on children.
    Bumpies = Don't get me started!
    I know who I get my health advice from!
    What are you looking at?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    edited December 2011
    I like Maria's idea.Here's a few more, you really can get some awesome shots in the rain.
  • edited December 2011
    Thats awesome! GL tomorrow!
    Pregnancy Ticker Photobucket
  • GinabeckGinabeck member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have always thought that if it rained on my wedding day I would be so upset but reading that really made me feel so much better about it. And I love the pictures people posted too. I'll have to copy and paste that letter and keep it somewhere safe in case rain is expected for my big day! Thanks for sharing and good luck!
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm just as freaked about the chance of having rain on my wedding day since our ceremony and cocktail hour are both supposed to be outdoors, but reading that brought such a smile to my face. That's such a pretty passage! But smile! Last I checked it's supposed to be at the most partly cloudy tomorrow. Have an amazing wedding and honeymoon! Can't wait to see pics! :0)
  • kls114kls114 member
    edited December 2011
    I love some of the rain pics!! [url]<a href="http://www.andremaier.com/wed/images/hwang_08_couple-in-rain_big_500.jpg" rel='nofollow'>http://www.andremaier.com/wed/images/hwang_08_couple-in-rain_big_500.jpg</a>[/url] [url]<a href="http://www.bubblybride.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/davidpurslow.jpg" rel='nofollow'>http://www.bubblybride.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/davidpurslow.jpg</a>[/url]
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • rel830rel830 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I had just gotten used to the idea of a rainy day and an indoor ceremony, and had even packed my ladybug galoshes in the car...when the forecast changed. Don't want to jinx it, but it's looking good and rain-free. Either way, this gave me some good perspective and I hope it does the same for anyone dealing with an uncertain forecast in the future. :)
  • kls114kls114 member
    edited December 2011
    So happy that it is nice and sunny for you!! I hope you have a great wedding day!!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Today turned out to be fabulous, I'm so happy for you!!! Hope your wedding was everything you hoped for and more!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    TTC February 2013
    Melissa's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • rel830rel830 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!! The weather was absolutely perfect - as was everything else. Off to Thailand...will post some vendor reviews and more when I get back! Thanks everyone for all your help and good wishes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards