Maine

cake tasting rave!

(I think I stole this subject from another post, but I couldn't think of anything else!)FI and I had a cake tasting with Jessica Parrott of Nothing Bakes Like a Parrott in Portland, and it was YUM! She did a bunch of flavors for us, and but our favorite was the chocolate cake, chocolate ganache filling and mocha buttercream -- so tasty! Her German chocolate cake with coconut filling was delicious too! All her flavors were like the best cake I'd ever had. She said her carrot cake is also popular, but we didn't try it.Her prices are great too, and she was able to offer something we liked in our budget.I'd definitely recommend her! [url]http://nothingbakeslikeaparrott.com/[/url]
Anniversary

Re: cake tasting rave!

• edited December 2011
    ::wipes drool off the key board::  Sounds delish! So glad it went well :)
  • Torir911Torir911 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds awesome! How far ahead do people usually order their cakes? My wedding isn't til next October, so I know I'm not in any rush... I was just wondering.
  • edited December 2011
    I sent in a deposit six months head of time.  I think some people do it earlier but I didn't get around to it until then.
  • edited December 2011
    I talked to my baker about it 7 months ahead of time, but didn't give a deposit until about 5 months out...
    "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky." -- Ranier Maria Rilke BabyFruit Ticker image Me:37 MH:38 TTC since Oct 2011 BFP/Beta#1: 13 6/20/12; Beta#2: 20 6/22/12; MC/Beta#3: 9 6/27/12 BFP#2/Beta#1: 9/21/12 S/PAIFW
  • edited December 2011
    MMMMM!!! My cake tasting was definitely one of my favorite parts of this planning process! I'm using Confection Art out of York, but I've heard really good things about Nothing Bakes Like a Parrott, I'm glad you liked her!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm probably jumping the gun a bit on the cake, but I figured, why wait? FYI, I did call one bakery and they said they were already booked for my June wedding, which is like 9 months away! June is a very popular month, so you probably wouldn't run into that for an October wedding. But I wouldn't wait much longer than six or seven months.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards