Georgia-Atlanta

Honoring my late father at wedding

For anyone that read my previous post, I just met with Sylvia from Weddings By Stephanie Marie and I'm so glad that I decided to go with her! She really put me at ease with everything. Even though my wedding is so far out, I still felt a little overwhelmed with all the planning that had to be done. But she assured me that everything was going to be fine. One more question for everyone, my dad passed away recently and I wanted to do something to honor him at the ceremony and my reception. Any suggestions? Amy

Re: Honoring my late father at wedding

• atlcatloveratlcatlover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry about the loss of your Dad.  My Mom passed away very suddenly right after we got engaged.Her MOH was our officiant and she carried in a bouquet of Mom's favorite flowers and left them in her chair.  I had those flowers in a vase at the reception on the guest book table with a candle and a poem.  I also had a double sided charm made which I hung from my bouquet.  One side was my Mom's briday portrait and the other was the pic we used at her service.  Pics in my planning bio, and there are a few in my yet to be completed married bio.
  • handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry for your loss.  Both of my parents are deceased, and DH's brother died about 10 years ago (his only sibling) so we had the officiant read the following: Those who could not be with us here today, we would like to recognize, that they live on in the hearts of Stacy and Todd. They are here with us today, if only in our hearts, watching as we celebrate this blessed union. Let us take a few moments to remember and honor MOBname, FOBname, Siblingname,  and any other loved ones who are not able to join us today... It was short, sweet, and we moved right into the happier moment of getting married!
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • kreilleykreilley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having a memorial table. We have photos and a large candle with their names etched on the glass as well as a frame with a nice saying.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sorry for your loss! My father passed away when I was 13. Not sure if you are religious or not, but I think what I'm doing is having our rings carried in on his Bible. I will probably put a small memory note about the Bible and his remembrance in the program. I'm still thinking on some other possible ideas...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards