Catholic Weddings

Gift for Priest

My FI's uncle will be marrying us.  He's not charging a fee, but we want to get him a gift to say TY.  He goes to Thailand every year for a couple of months and works with children who are affected by AIDS.  As we were talking with him about his time there, you could tell how much he really enjoyed his work.  We were thinking of making a donation in his name to this school.  Do you think would be good?  Also, we would like to get him something else that would be for him, but I have no ideas.  Is anyone else is a similiar situation where they have a relationship with their priest?  Any suggestions for a gift for him?
Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio

Re: Gift for Priest

• mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think the donation and a cash gift would be fine. Unless you know of a specific book or bottle of wine you're 100% sure he'd love.
  • edited December 2011
    Donation is lovely and I like the idea of helping with his AIDS school kids prioject Cash gift is variable based upon what type of priest and how strict the vow of poverty is. How about something that would be useful to him while traveling to thailand.
  • gkb0910gkb0910 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ffmaid-I don't know how strict his vow of poverty is.  I was trying to avoid cash because I want to get him something that is for him.  He is truly a great person and always giving to others.  I like the idea of getting something for him when he goes to Thailand.  I'll ask FMIL and FFIL if they have any ideas.  Thanks!
    Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    What are the letters after his name if you google priest and those letters you usually get alittle info about the order taht will tell you. Does your fi's family buy him gifts for christmas ect they might also know
  • gkb0910gkb0910 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Googling the letters after his name is a great idea.  It's CSSR.  I'll do some research.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards