North Carolina

Wilmington Photographers

Have any of you ever used a photographer in the Wilmington area?  Are there any you can recommend?  Thanks!

Re: Wilmington Photographers

• edited December 2011
    Check out midnite007's post about her e-pics. She loves her photographer.
  • edited December 2011
    Matt McGraw was a favorite of several former NC knotties.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah I looked at Matt McGraw but he costs $texas and as FI puts it "most of his photos look like they were shot in Gotham City" lol.
  • edited December 2011
    Have you seen an entire event that Matt has done? Not all of his pics are like that. I happen to like his style, though...to each his own, I guess.You could also look into Piner Photography.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh don't get me wrong, I like the composition of a lot of his stuff but the price was a big turnoff.  Being poor teachers we don't have thousands to spend on photos sadly.
  • lolabelle5076lolabelle5076 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were using a certain photographer and he had to cancel last minute due to a quadrupal bypass surgery. We then had to scramble a bit and found a photographer who is getting started with her own business. She has really nice work and is VERY affordable since she is just getting started on her own. We spoke and have very similar styles and ideas. If you want her information just let me know.
  • heatherjesseheatherjesse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we used Craig Carpenter from Luster Studios.  he's out of Raleigh but travels for pretty cheap.  not sure what his new prices are like as we booked him last year but he was not unreasonable for the quality.  www.lusterstudios.com/biltmore-estate-wedding-bridal-portrait/ is the blog for my bridal portraits
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, he takes really great shots!  I'll have to shoot him an email.lolabelle, I'd definitely be interested.  You can mail me at kfkrayer at gmail :)
  • edited December 2011
    I was going to recommend anyone from Millie Holloman's photography group but I think they are fairly pricey. Awesome pictures and cool people, but Millie has them under contract for sure. You should check out her blog for ideas if you are shooting in/around Wilmington though. [url]<a href="http://tinyurl.com/mc5xs8" rel='nofollow'>http://tinyurl.com/mc5xs8</a>[/url]
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVE Courtney Aliah! We just got our engagement pics back, if you didn't get to see them email me at midnite007x at aol dot com and I will send you the link. She is really artisitc and very reasonable, her hubby is also a photog and her asst so you basically get two for one!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards