Canada-Ontario

The Couples Resort & Algonquin Spa

So my FI & I are getting ideas for our honeymoon next fall. Neither of us would be content at one of the beach resorts or happy with the lack of privacy on a cruise. We came across The Couples Resort in Whitney - Algonquin Park and like the fact that we can drive there (from New Hampshire.) I bet it would be beautiful in October but I'm finding mixed reviews online. Have any of you ever been?
PhotobucketLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: The Couples Resort & Algonquin Spa

• edited December 2011
    I've never been there but, wow this place seems soooo nice. I too am looking for something closer to home and may have to consider this resort.Thanks!!
  • edited December 2011
    We have a cottage up there and my Fiance's family is from up there. It is wonderful!! Depending on when in Oct wil depend on if there is leaves up there or not on the trees but the array of fall colors is spectacular. The resort is one of the favourites for couples! There are also other options as well like the Deerhurst Inn or even looking at renting a private cottage there are many listed which will give you intimate privacy and close to the sights as well. Youcan check here... http://www.visitmuskoka.com/cottage_rentals.htm.
  • lquon10lquon10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been.  My FI proposed while we were staying there.  It was beautiful.  We stayed in the rooms, but they also have private cabins you can rent.  All our meals were included and the food was good.  In the summer they have water sports as well as an outdoor salt water pool.  October would be a great time to go as the summer crowd will be over.  We had a great time!
  • kristen0393kristen0393 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! ;-)
    PhotobucketLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards