New Hampshire

Bridesmaid Gifts

What are you giving your ladies? I need some ideas...TIA!

Re: Bridesmaid Gifts

• edited December 2011
    My ladies are getting a necklace to wear the day of and a shawl, but since those are wedding related things I wanted to get them something more to their taste so they didn't feel like they only got wedding stuff.... So I'm getting one other little thing for each girl all mostly from Etsy. My sister and made of honor is getting a glass wind chime cause she loves them... Another BM is getting a cool necklace Another one is a vegan so she is getting all vegan products, lotion face wash... She will love it. Then I have two BM's that I don't know what they are getting yet... they are a little harder. Plus FI and I are giving bottles of Champagne to everyone in our wedding party. HTH
  • edited December 2011
    I got my girls jewelery to wear the day of the wedding. I was able to get a great deal at a local boutique on sets that I knew they would wear again BUT these are not pieces they would wear on a regular basis.I ended up using the same jewelery designer that another knottie used on etsy. I was able to correspond with her and she designed pieces using stones that actually represent personality traits of my BMs and Moms. Working with Danusia was amazing! She is ver passionate and was willing to work within my budget. She also writes a letter explaining the stone choices made and what they represent. I e-mailed back and forth with her so many timnes. At one point she had created a necklace for my sister - the sentiment was right but the colors were completely wrong. She was willing to start from scratch and I can't say enough about the result. The best part is that my girls and Moms wear their personalized necklaces all the time. Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5703043 I also made my girls shirts to wear the day of and gave them each little gifts that were personal and meaningful bertween us.
  • edited December 2011
    As a thank you for my shower, I gave them earrings that an etsy seller (who is fabulous btw) made.  She made my jewelry and I worked with her to design different earrings that were similar to my set.  They came out great.  I gave them to the girls after the shower as a thank you, and so they would know not to buy any earrings (unless they wanted something different, which was certainly an option).  They also each got a small little bath set and I did the "thanks for my shower, hope your next shower is just as great"...or something along those lines.For their thank you gift I gave them each a different 'Life Is Good' bag and filled it with all sorts of goodies!  I made them each a tank (bridesmaid, maid of honor) to wear while getting ready.  I also gave them flip flops from Old Navy for "dancing shoes."  They each got a nice frame with a picture of myself & each girl from my bachelorette.  I also gave them a Woodwick candle, cause we all love them.I think that's it...oh, and when they checked into their hotel, H and I had made wine, so they each got a bottle with a welcome/thank you letter!I did a lot, but I only had 3 girls, and they did WAY TOO much for me, so they deserved that and then some.  Hope this gives you some ideas!  GL!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • brandyleighxxbrandyleighxx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All 4 girls and 1 of our readers are getting custom-made sterling silver necklaces for yumedesignonline.com. They're not to wear in the wedding) but each are personalized to fit their personalities. For example, my FSIL just graduated from nursing school so her necklace has a rectangle that says 'nurse' and circular pendant that has her initials, and a gem of her birthstone. Our other reader is getting a heart-shaped jewelry box with her name and our wedding date engraved on it from Things Remembered. I got extra gifts for 2 of my girls because they've helped so much. 1 of the readers is also getting a ring box from Things Remembered with a frog wearing a crown with her name & our wedding date engraved on the inside. 1 of my bridesmaids is also getting a horseshoe key chain with diamonds and her initials & our wedding date  engraved on it (also from Things Remembered) The 2 ringbearers and flower girl (all female) are getting jewelry boxes with custom engraving (1 from Thing's Remembered and the others from RexCraft.com).The necklaces are about $30-$40 a piece depending on the style but there is a 10% discount if you mention the Ali Edwards blog in checkout (I think that ends today however) The owner, Diane, has been wonderful to work with and very prompt. I highly recommend it: yumedesignonline.comWe were also very impressed with Things Remembered - their selection, engraving, and promptness. You also get a $10 gift card for every $100 spent plus a custom digital logo.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ninnypooperninnypooper member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got each of my girls a clutch from Coach that I knew they would like, so they were all different to fit their personalities. They LOVE them and I always see them all using them! I got them necklaces for the day of the wedding off of etsy, bridesmaid/maid of honor tanks for getting ready and then when they arrived at the reception there were flip flops labeled with their names waiting for them.GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards