Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Shoes

So I always seem to be doing everything in my life last minute....and my wedding isn't any different.  I work so much better under pressure.  Anyways...my dress is non trad, silver-blue color (PIB).  I have been having a hard time with shoes and was getting my last dressing fitting last week at my parents house and bought shoes that were my size and on super cheap sale just to have shoes if i dont make up my mind.  They are ivory, but I keep thinking I want to do a color, but not the same exact color of the gown.  My girls are wearing navy dresses and carrying pink flowers.  Would it be weird if I wore n. blue or light pink shoes with the dress?  All the shoes I come across have 4" heelsl and I can't wear heels that high since I'm already tall.  Any ideas?

Re: Shoes

• edited December 2011
    I am having the same problem - I don't want to be taller than my FI so I need 1" heals.. and everything with a short heal is a flip flop or a very casual shoe. I did find something at Boscovs the other day that I need to try on with my dress to see if the heal is short enough (it's more like 1.5"), but so far thats all I found.. I went to DSW, Famous Footwear & Nordstroms and none of them had formal small healed shoes! :( Someone told me to try the off broadway rack in Franklin Mills so I may try there also.. apparntely they have endless selection of shoes.
  • edited December 2011
    [url]http://www.danceshoesonline.com/[/url] I plan on getting ballroom dancing shoes, I heard they are really comfortable. Also you can chose the heal hight.
  • edited December 2011
    I think pink heels would be cute with silver.I looked at your bio--I went to the Hofbrau Haus in Munich, too! Isn't that place awesome? I recognized the mugs right away. When we went there, there was a little old lady sitting by herself on the bench singing along to the band. She was next to these two young soccer players, and by the end of the night they were all drunk, arms around each other, singing the songs at the top of their lungs together!
  • edited December 2011
    Try Shoes.com or Zappos.com. I ordered my shoes on shoes.com. The search functions are great since you can narrow by size, color and heel height. Your dress is pretty. You could do a beaded shoe perhaps or plain ivory with a bow or clips. I'm not great matching up colors - I always need help with that!
  • ec0983ec0983 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think pink shoes would be SO cute. i'm wearing an ivory dress with purple shoes (my girls will be in purple dresses). i got mine from payless- they have a dyeable line called unforgettable moments (i think), and they have tooooons of colors to choose from. the lowest pair that isn't completely flat is 2", but they're really comfortable and i LOVE them. highly rec checking them out! GL!
    trying times are not the times to stop trying. image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards