Colorado-Denver

Photography in Denver and cost?

I thought I was going to have a friend take photos for me, but it doesn't look like that's going to work out.  Who would you recommend in Denver?  And approx how much are they?  I was hoping to keep it at about $1,000, but I don't know if that's possible.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Re: Photography in Denver and cost?

• edited December 2011
    Its possible but photography is one of those things that you get what you pay for. If its not a priority, then you could probably get someone just starting out or a photography student for that amount. If you could bump it up to $1500 I think that would give you a lot more options.In that price range I would recommend Melissa Beck.www.melissabeckphotography.com
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto on Melissa Beck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • canary11canary11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Melissa Beck starts out at $1900 now, but you can always ask her to remove some things in her package- ask her to remove the engagement session, photograph for less time, or less proofs. She may be able to help you, but I am not sure.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know how far off your wedding is, but a lot of photographers will have a contest and give away free wedding photography for one couple a year.  Alot of photogrpahers are starting the contests for the 2010, we are a finalist in the contest for Karie Mclain, we find out Wednesday if we win.  Two other girls at my office entered contests last year and won.  They did destination weddings and just had to pay to fly the person down there and their lodging.  Alot of photographers in other states do contests too and it might be cheaper than $1000 to fly them out here for the weekend.  Just another option to consider. 
  • LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is a dumb question, I know, but does the $1,900 include the images on a CD?  Just wondering. Good luck in the contest, jafreder!
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • canary11canary11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Leslie, I do believe it comes with a CD of your proofs. However, check with her first. I was lucky to sign her when she was a bit cheaper, and she is allowing me to have a CD. And, she is amazingly talented. In the beginning, I was worried I was taking a huge risk, but I am so happy with all the stuff popping up on her blog.
  • edited December 2011
    That is pretty tight but my photographer has a three hour package for 900 dollars, it not too long but would get getting ready the ceremony, and group shots. Her name is Nina Barry - just google nina barry photography. I highly highly recommend her she has been perfect thus far, and her blog is awesome.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Porchlight Images. I found them through rave reviews on this board and I'm so excited to work with them. They take beautiful photographs and their packages are unbeatable! I think that their basic package is $1000 and you get a LOT within the package. Check them out!
  • Katie18Katie18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Sara Lazio and she was great!  She has a package that is $1,000 and includes 8 hrs shooting, digital negatives on cd and an engagement shoot.  I really wanted a 2nd photographer so she brought in a 2nd one for no charge.  My wedding slideshow can be seen here: http://www.saralazio.com/video/lowerywedding/But yeah, I would definitely recommend her!Good luck!!
  • COdrea81COdrea81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ehfotography
  • edited December 2011
    We used Porchlight images and couldnt be happier!  Our package was right at your price range but might have gone up a little.  We got so much with our packages.  My favorite part of the package is that you get two photographers and they stayed for unlimited amount of time on our wedding day.  Most photographers will have a timeframe.  Rayn & Stacy showed up when we told them and left when we told them.  They are such a nice couple and do amazing work.  We also got a engagement session and got all our photos on a CD.  If you want to check out our wedding pictures from last month here is the linke (We are Jaime & Felix - password ramos)http://www.porchlightimages.shutterbugstorefront.com/Hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    We went with Lindsay J photography (lindsayjphoto.com) and absolutely loved her! We took a risk on someone (sorta, she had been doing photojournalism for some time but just moved to the area and started shooting weddings) and couldn't be happier. WE paid $500 for 8 hrs. of shooting at our wedding, all the images toned and on a CD. WE put another 100 bucks down to do an engagement shoot and she if she was too good to be true, and were very pleased with the results. We got married last Saturday and I don't know i we got more complements on the wedding or our photographer. Seriously. Her prices have gone up but not sure how much. Definitely worth checking out!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your suggestions! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards