California-Los Angeles

it's that Colorado honeymooner again...

hi ladies,I came on this board a couple months ago asking for advice on taking a honeymoon in Southern California. Got some great help so I'm back...We'll be mainly staying in San Diego but I definitely want to get up to Disneyland for a couple days. Halloween comes while we're on our honeymoon. As 28 year olds, would it be worth going to Disneyland for Halloween? Or, does Coronado/San Diego do anything cool for the holiday? Thanks!

Re: it's that Colorado honeymooner again...

• SJ&GMSJ&GM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think Disneyland is always worth it, but, I love Disneyland!
  • Genie03Genie03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello I must say I'm a bit bias too I LOOOOOVE DISNEYLAND, but honestly It get's pretty crowded on halloween as a 28 yr old honeymooner I don't now. Will you be going on halloween or around that week. I think it would be fine any other day, but it's pretty packed on halloween day.  hth
  • jasmine0530jasmine0530 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm a Disney fan myself but of course I'd want FI to have fun too (=we will be in California Oct 26th-Nov 5th, so plenty of time in the surrounding days to go.
  • csunsweetiecsunsweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say go! but not on halloween.
  • edited December 2011
    You might want to post on the San Diego board, if you haven't already, to see what goes on down there.  It's a college town, so there must be something.
  • edited December 2011
    This is going to sound totally jaded(fair warning provided).  But Disneyland, if you have tried to do all the rides in one day and being there for like the 2nd or 3rd time can get old.  There is such a thing as too much of wholesome family experience that can get annoying and predictable.  Like having too much candy.  San Diego is actually a pretty cool place. Go ahead and go to SeaWorld too.  Check out the beaches, restaurants and art galleries in La Jolla(pronounced La Hoy-ah).  I actually think San Diego is more romantic than Los Angeles, that is my own opinion.
  • jasmine0530jasmine0530 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow there is a San Diego board too, CA has a lot of boards (=and, neither FI or I Have been to Disneyland so it'd be a first time. I can definitely see if we'd been there before, being our age maybe not a must but since neither of us have been we definitely want to check it out for the experience.Thank you all for your thoughts and tips!
  • edited December 2011
    i grew up in san diego, and it will honestly be my favorite place ever. if you're a fan of halloween and scary things, downtown has a TON of elaborate haunted houses/activities going on at halloween time. i personally am too big of a baby and hate them, but they are always a hit. and im pretty sure seaworld and balboa park do big things for halloween as well.
    Meagan and Travis
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 2/27/11 Missed M/C 4/2/11
    BFP 6/8/11 Delilah Rae born February 17, 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards