Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

A list B list

Did anyone have an A and B list? If so, how did you handle it? We are trying to cut some people because we have way too many on the guestlist. We were thinking about having a B list....but how do you work it so its not obvious? Do you send out the A list invites a little earlier than normal and when you get declines send out invites to the B list?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: A list B list

• edited December 2011
    We are doing an A list and a B list.  More than likely, what we will end up doing is ranking the B list.  Then, move up the send out date for the A list so that it is much earlier.  As the no's come in from the A list, send out the B list one by one.  With the B list, set the RSVP date the same as if you had only one list.If you move it up far enough, people are not going to really notice.  The A list will think you are sending them out early, and the B list RSVP date will be around the regular date, so they won't know the difference.
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing A/ B lists as well. All of FI's side is coming in from England and Australia. I am sending out those invites first, with an earlier RSVP date. I think they will know if they are coming or not as they need a plane ticket. So we will have send invites to the B list as we get no RSVPs back from overseas guests.
  • tracyd21tracyd21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did a very informal B list - there were people who we really wanted to invite, but didn't have room at the venue.  We got a few more NOs back right away than we anticipated, so we added them and it was done enough  in advance that I doubt anyone knew (it was only a handful of people). 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards