New Hampshire

NWR: LG Dare or iPhone

I decided today that my wedding gift to myself will be a new cell phone. It's long overdue. I currently have Verizon and a co-worker said her daughter does too and has the LG Dare. A lot of friends recommend the iphone with AT&T, however, none of them live in this area. I live & work in the Manchester area and am worried about AT&T service around here. Any advice about these two phones or recommendations on other comparable phones with Verizon?TIA!

Re: NWR: LG Dare or iPhone

• edited December 2011
    I have the LG Dare and I love it. I was thinking about getting the Blackberry Storm, but I have no use for the data feature (schools generally don't let you set up their e-mail accounts on PDAs). It took awhile to get used to the touch screen, but I would definitely recommend it. Since the phone is only touch screen, I NEVER text and drive anymore (yay!) because it's just too hard. I got the VCast package and haven't had any issues with that either. HTH!
  • Mrs BabsMrs Babs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually looking into switching to verizon from nextel b/c I looked at the coverage maps for our trip to Niagara and neither of us will have service after we leave MA and thats a little sketchy. I get a discount for verizon through my work so I may be switching. I just have to cough up a yucky cancellation fee for nextel. Anyway, back to your question...I would get the LG Dare. Thats the one that I'm looking at getting :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I LOOOOOVE my LG Dare. I usually hate all verizon phones, but this one is really awesome. It sounds great, the internet is fast, it feels great.My only complaint is that the ringer isn't very loud, but other than that, I highly recommend it.
  • edited December 2011
    I live in Manchester, and we actually just returned our iPhones yesterday. I had it for a week, and it just made me miserable. The service was horrible. It cut off every call I had, or cut off random words. We've gone back to Verizon and are having new BlackBerries delivered this week.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards