New Jersey

Pronovias

Is anyone familiar with this designer?

Re: Pronovias

• mnewman84mnewman84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dress is a san patrick. To my understanding, san patrick is under the pronovias 'umbrella'. I'm pretty sure they are well known, did you have specific questions?
    Live A Little ~ Love A Lot
  • edited December 2011
    My MOH purchased a pronovias gown. I'm sure plenty of people here, including myself, tried a couple on. What's your question?
  • LoveAvenueLoveAvenue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't really have a particular question, just curious as to how popular the designer is.  I tried one on in particular and the store told me the style was called "rio" yet, I've seen the same dress on google images named "davis".I've heard some say don't go to David's Bridal, why I'm not really sure, so was curious as to the opinions of this designer.Thanks Ladie -
  • edited December 2011
    I would say that it's a recognized name. I don't know of anyone wearing one of their gowns on here though. Did you try the dress on? I'm confused. What does this dress have to do with David's Bridal? Don't let someones opinion of a store stop you from seeing a dress you might like there - everyone has different opinions and different circumstances and experiences. I can't find Rio or Davis on the website - but it looks like they only list the 2009 and 2010 gowns so maybe it was from a previous year. Bridal Elegance in West Orange and LaBelle Boutique in JC carry their dresses if you want see if they have this style. HTH.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, I just re-read my post, I did sound confusing didn't I!  Yes, I did try the dress on and really like it.  http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.bcouture.ie/images/Pro/Rio-A.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.bcouture.ie/images/Pro/RIO.html&usg=__RITSle1RJZyYYTAGB9kaTLjqDG8=&h=400&w=340&sz=53&hl=en&start=2&um=1&tbnid=c1M72eQGt70aMM:&tbnh=124&tbnw=105&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dpronovias%2Brio%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4DMUS_enUS263US264%26um%3D1 I went to Bridal Elegance and they only carry the color as seen in the link.  I would want this gown in ivory and I haven't been able to find a store that carries the same dress in another color and don't know how I feel about ordering it unless I see it in person. .AOLWebSuite .AOLPicturesFullSizeLink { height: 1px; width: 1px; overflow: hidden; } .AOLWebSuite a {color:blue; text-decoration: underline; cursor: pointer} .AOLWebSuite a.hsSig {cursor: default}
  • edited December 2011
    My dress is Pronovias -- Diamante. I LOVE it. I got it at the flagship store, in NYC. The people there were super helpful, and I think that's probably your best bet to get a preview of the dress...
  • edited December 2011
    When they make samples for the stores, doesn't matter what designer, it's usually only the one color. Unfortunately you have to use your imagination. Look at another dress that's the color you want to help. My dress is only shown in gold at the stores and I bought it in white without seeing it. I won't get to try it on until December.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm wearing a La Sposa by Pronovias gown.  La Sposa is a secondary (read: less expensive) line of Pronovias.  The actual style I'm wearing is called "La Fresa" (picture in siggy)I personally like Pronovias a lot.  It's very European in styling, and I don't think you see the dresses coming and going.  I really liked the craftsmanship of the dresses, too. Very detail oriented.  I think Pronovias is probably on the same level as Amsale, Mark Ingram and maybe plainer styles of Vera Wang.  It is apparently considered a "name" designer, but probably wouldn't have the same recognition as Vera Wang, Priscilla of Boston or Monique Lluhier. Buy what looks good on YOU and what makes YOU feel beautiful, whether it's Pronovias or David's Bridal! 
  • Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Totally plan on visiting their store in NYC.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for the feeback, I know nothing about DB therefore I shouldn't have used that as a comparison, it's just a few people have told me to stay away only because the dresses aren't good quality, whether that is true or not, I do not know but everyone had their own budget and that is to be respected.  So apologies for that comment.When you went to NYC, is it an actual store? Maybe I should go visit.I really love their dresses, I think they have a certain elegance to them.  The link I posted above is the one I tried on and loved.  I think it has an eccentric look to it and yes, you are right, it's what I want and feel comfortable in but at the same time, I want others to think it's pretty too. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ps. I just looked at Diamante, it's gorgeous!
  • edited December 2011
    The first dress I tried on was a Pronovias and I loved it. I probably would have gotten it if it wasn't the first dress I tried on. I agree with pp. Usually the sample only comes in 1 color and you just have to imagine what it will look like in the color you want. The sample for the dress I bought was 'antique' which is a yellowish color and I ordered it in ivory.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think they really do have some pretty dresses.I can have the imagination, but with that particular dress, I'm afraid only because the detailing really shows on that color and makes the dress pop (in my opinion) and I don't know if another color would do that dress justice.. . . I thought I would have a really easy time picking a dress.
  • edited December 2011
    I actually had the same issue. My dress has a lot of lace detailing on it and it really popped against the yellow of the dress. I started to second guess myself after I had already ordered it. But I found this picture of my dress and it looks like the lace still pops against it. I guess I'll find out for sure when it comes in but it made me feel a little better. [img]<a href="http://www.jlmcouture.com/assets/Lazaro/br/large/3914.jpg" rel='nofollow'>http://www.jlmcouture.com/assets/Lazaro/br/large/3914.jpg</a>[/img]
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    o' that is a very pretty dress! I see what you mean, but if that's how it will end up looking, it's gorgeous.When do you get to see yours?I actually like the color the dress I like comes in, but it's not your traditional bride color and looking back, I think that's something I would want.
  • edited December 2011
    Not until October. It is a hard decision. I was this close to going with the yellow but went with the ivory because it's more "bridal". Honestly you can't go wrong. You picked a beautiful dress and it will look great in any color.
  • edited December 2011
    I wore Pronovias's Hechizo from the 2009 collection. I was very happy with it! I would def recommend visiting the Pronovias store in NYC. That is where I found my dress. Even if you can't see the dress you like in ivory, you may be able to see a similar dress in that color so you can see how the lace shows against the fabric. I did not purchase the dress at the NYC store though. I went to Helen Bohn in Washington Township, NJ and it was $500 less even though both included alterations plus it was much more convenient for fittings and to pick up the dress just before the wedding.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What a beautiful dress, I tried to look in your bio, but none of your links work for me.  I think I will visit the store in NYC, I'm sure they have a bigger selection.Thank You =)
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah for some reason my bio isn't working. If you leave your email address I can send you my pictures on snapfish.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    rljccb@aol.comwould love to see them =)
  • edited December 2011
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    they are amazing! you look great in the dress and I love your colors!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm planning on getting a Pronovias dress and I found that certain dresses only come in one color- like the one I'm getting which is ivory.  One thing I found out about color is that certain dresses look better in ivory than off-white, etc.  And I feel that some people look better in white, which, for some reason, does not look good on me. 
  • edited December 2011
    Just another thought- I found Pronovias dresses in NY but there are shops in NJ that will order the dress for you even if they don't carry it- you'll save a lot. 
  • las1977las1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dress is Pronovias but I got it at a bridal store on Long Island it was not David's Bridal though.
  • edited December 2011
    I wore Pronovias, absolutely loved everything about my dress and everyone raved about how beautiful it was...it was made with such craftmanship, quality and detail...I would highly recommend Pronovias and as pp said, their flagship store in NYC
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards