Washington-Seattle

Vendor and Opinions Please!

Has anyone had any experience with I Love Blush.com?  I found them on the mySeattle.com website and called them.  They seem fine but I don't see anything that blows me out of the water in their portfolio.  Since I need someone to travel (both hair and make-up), their travel price was good (only $100) but they want to charge BM $100 for their hair!  I asked her how many girls she has working on this for a party of 5 and she said just her but it was fine.  She spends about an hour on brides hair but only half hour to 45 minutes on BM.  If I had to pay the same amount with less attention to detail as a BM, I would be a little upset.  In total they cost less since their travel fee is far less than most but my BM have to pay more.  I wasn't going to make them pay for the travel fee; just actual costs for hair. My questions are: do you believe this pricing is fair?  Has anyone had any experience with them?  TIA!

Re: Vendor and Opinions Please!

• edited December 2011
    I don't have any experience with them, but it sounds to me that she is discounting the bride's cost while making it up in the cost to do the BM. I think 100 dollars to do BM hair is too much, even if you are getting a good deal on yours. If you want to go with them, I might offer to pay part of the fee for you BM's hair to be fair.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • amandaswamandasw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that price seems high, especially to spend less time on them = hurried. that cost is even higher than my bridal hair was (at Gene Juarez).  On the other hand, I have no idea how hard it is to find someone who will travel for hair and make-up, so I can't really comment on that. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, what does $100 cover?  Does that include a trial?  If not, how much would that cost?
  • amylbellamylbell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree $100 is too much for a bm. I am going with venia beauty-haven't used them yet so I can't give a review but its $150 for the brides hair including the trial and $65 for the bm's...we'll see! I really wanted someone to come to the venue to do hair and makeup...oh yeah she has a make up artist with her it's $90 for the bride and I forget how much for the girls
  • edited December 2011
    I agree.  These costs seem high for BM hair.  The $100 does not include a trial.  The trial is the same price as the actual day of hair and make-up.  The costs are as follows:Travel to Leavenworth for both styslist and make up artist: $100 Brides Hair: $100BM Hair: $100Bride Hair Trial: $100Bride Make up: $75Airbrushing: $25Make up trial same as aboveLash extensions: $15
  • jkish22jkish22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Off White travels, does hair and makeup,  and is cheaper than that.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ok yeah... that's kind of expensive.  I can see the travel expenses being high since they have to go so far, but the rest could definitely be lower.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!  I'm glad you all confirmed my feelings.  I thought they looked high but wanted to get a second opinion.  I'll check out Off White.  Thanks for the suggestion.
  • irshis20irshis20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know I'm swerving out of my lane here, but if you're going to make your bridesmaids get their hair done professionally, I believe you should pay for it. Same goes for makeup. I just believe that's the proper thing to do. So ask yourself, if you don't want to pay $100 per bridesmaid for hair, plus makeup I'm presuming (?), how will your bridesmaids feel?Did you try looking closer to Leavenworth, maybe in Wenatchee? I'm sure it's slim pickins, but you might find someone who would do it for much cheaper.
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not a direct answer to your question, but I agree with PP. I've read elsewhere, and personally believe, that if you want your BM hair, makeup, nails, what-have-you professionally done, then you should pay for it to be done. If you're just telling them they can get it done by your pro for $X but you're also ok with them doing it themselves (and no pressure!), then that's another story, and probably fine. That's probably what I'll do, but I will be sure to tell them repeatedly and sincerely that if they want to do it themselves, I am absolutely fine with that.
  • edited December 2011
    Carrie and Irshs, I am not making anyone get their hair, make-up, etc. done professionally. I am definately having a professional for hair and make up regardless of the other girls. Therefore, it's merely an option for them-nothing more. They are more then welcome to get their hair done in town but I found in town, it costs just as much ($65-85 range). I think Salon Maison (mobile svc out of Seattle) will do the BM hair for 65 if they want this service. The nice part is they can get their hair done onsite because regardless of who I choose, I'm paying for the travel fee for the stylist. I am just looking for someone who will be economical for them if they want to use a professional. Hence, why I asked about the pricing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards