Connecticut

~Fall Foliage~

I am trying to book our e-pics for this fall. I want pics with foliage definitely. When is the best time to take pics in CT? I was thinking Early October? Is that too soon? What about places??
~Miss.~
~Mrs.~
**Password: kls114**
Photobucket
Anniversary

Re: ~Fall Foliage~

• Kathy 9/18/09Kathy 9/18/09 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Here is a link I saved when I was thinking about this last year.  It looks like 10/11-11/1 is the peak.http://www.ct.gov/dep/cwp/view.asp?a=2697&q=322764&depNav_GID=1631 We actually never got e-pics done, but the places I was considering were:  Yale, FF University, Central Park/NYC or Cranbury Park (Norwalk)  
  • Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chatfield Hollow State Park in Killingworth is gorgeous- there's a big pond, old bridges, streams, etc.
  • Kathy 9/18/09Kathy 9/18/09 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I just thought of another place in Norwalk - the old GE training center in West Norwalk (I think its called Dolce now).  My friend had her wedding pcitures taken there in the middle of fall foliage and they came out beautiful.
  • edited December 2011
    BabyFetus Ticker TTC since 11/2010 Me-32 - Cervical Displacia -Lymes Diseease DH-32
  • Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got some great pix at Southford Falls in Southbury, they have a few great spots.  A waterfall, covered bridge and pavillion.  
  • jessiebrjessiebr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cranbury park is great for pics, how about the grounds at Waveny mansion (we are getting married there in Aug)....I'm right there with you...getting our e-pics done on Oct 18th (Hopefully) at the elementary school where FI and I both went to..I wanted the foliage too  :)
  • edited December 2011
    My FFIL is a wedding photographer and he told me that there should be a lot of foliage for our Oct. 3 wedding because it has been such a wet summer. That's why the leaves are already starting to fall in some places, they were so over "stimulated" by the rain, that they are ready to end the season a little earlier this year. I think the first or second week of October should be perfect for your pictures! And second, not sure where you are located, but we did our pictures at Wickham Park in Manchester- it was fabulous. There's a huge hill that overlooks Hartford and we got some of our favorite pictures on it with amazing tree colors for miles and then the city spiking up through the trees! :)
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Southbury Falls, FI and I had our e-pics done there and I'm sure it would be gorgeous there once the leaves start to turn. :0)
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i third Southford Falls!!  or kent falls, but that is a bit farther...
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! Didn't think of GE/Dolce or Cranbury Park--will definitely keep those in mind! I am in the Norwalk area.
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • jmestylejmestyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing ours the 27th of this month at either Chatfield or Gillette Castle
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards