Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

incorporating FI's sports finaticism

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can incorporate some stuff into the wedding from my FI's favorite teams (Phillies and Eagles). So far I'm going to ask the DJ to play the Eagles fight song when we enter the reception, I'm going to get a phillies or eagles garter.... what else? Thanks

Re: incorporating FI's sports finaticism

• edited December 2011
    Grooms cake with either the phillies or eagles logo
  • edited December 2011
    Custom sports jerseys for the e-pics.  You can also do your epics at Citizens Bank Park and I think the Linc as well.Rally Towels, custom baseballs/bats, custom footballs for favors.You could also try incorporating things into centerpieces.  Put baseballs into larger, taller vases, maybe put a bat standing upright in a tall centerpiece.I have also seen pics where for the send off, the guests use Rally Towels instead of confetti, rice, etc.Try seeing about getting the Philly Phanatic or Swoop to come to the reception.That's all I am coming up with now.  My biggest suggestion is to do everything incospicuous.  You do not want to do stuff that is overly in your face sports related- it looks really tacky.  Little hints, though, can make it really cool and fun without being too overbearing.Have you thought about choosing the team colors for your wedding colors?
  • edited December 2011
    My florist has incorporated sports into one of her weddings and some pics are on her blog under 2008.  There are really cute containers on there and something with bats.  She always asks about hobbies so that something could be incorporated into the wedding to personalize it. If you haven't booked a florist yet, she's fantastic.  I'm sure she would explain what she did to you if you contact her. She's really nice.  www.whimsicalwelcomes.com
  • edited December 2011
    I got FI Eagles' cufflinks for Christmas last year for him to wear the day of. He was thrilled! Ditto on the garter - I'm getting Flyers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards