Rhode Island

NARRAGANSETT TOWERS BRIDES

Hi everyone!  I was thinking about using the Towers for our wedding.  It says on the website that it seats 180 "comfortably."   I was just wondering how many people are attending your wedding so I can get an idea of what the Towers really seat comfortably!  Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: NARRAGANSETT TOWERS BRIDES

• Mrs.McIrishMrs.McIrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been wondering this myself!  I am getting married there 6/5/10 and struggling with what the maximum amount of guests I can "really" accommodate without being totally squished.   Considering the round tables sit 10 people, I am planning on doing 7 tables on each side for a total of 140. I'd love other people's opinion on this as well. 

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:39 and BRCA1+, DH:44
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#5 11/12 bad embryos= BFFN
    FINAL DE IVF #6 1/13: cancelled as second donor backed out during stims
    Was added last minute as 3rd recipient to new donor on 1/18; ET1/23/13
    2/1/13 BFP for the first time ever; Beta hell for several weeks: miscarriage 7 wks
    CFNBC
    GradyPhotobucket
    Riley
    RIP Riley 1/4/12
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • kerac5kerac5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at the Towers. We had a crazy wind/rain storm during much of our reception, so the guests were really confined to the Towers--spreading into the courtyard/ deck wasn't an option during about half of hte reception.  We had 130 people and were comfortable- but I wouldn't recommend having many more people than that number if you want to have a good sized dance floor. We did 15 round tables and that left a good sized walkway up the center. I think with the larger tables that seat 10, that walkway would have been very narrow.  Also, 10 people at the 72" tables is pretty tight.  I'm not positive, but I think the 180 "comfortable" number means having a very small dance floor (if one at all) and having the bar back by the stairs.  We LOVED the Towers and our guests are still raving about it. - if you want pictures or any other info, feel free to email me kcplng08 at hotmail dot com.
  • edited December 2011
    I had 90 people and it was perfectly comfortable.  I would think 130 should be the max (at round tables).  Any more than that you lose the dance floor and the bar area. 
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! I got married at the Towers in April. We had 141 guests attend and it was totally comfortable. We had 2 rows of 7 round tables for 10 set up on each side and a sweetheart table at the end. We thought there was plenty of room but I wouldn't go much bigger than what we had. Not sure where they came up with the 180 number. Let me know if you have any questions or would like to see pictures.
  • edited December 2011
    I've been to larger events there that probably seated 180 or so comfortably - but they were corporate, so there was no need for a dance floor, just a head table/panel/podium kind of thing. I agree with PPs that I'd maybe do 130 max in there for a wedding so as not to encroach on the dance floor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards