South Asian Weddings

another AW...

okay promise this is my last post-wedding AW! but our photog sent us some links to a few of the pics from the wedding/reception... and i just had to share the reception photos - because thats where most of my planning and vision came to life (if some of you will remember, my peacock theme...)... lighting makes such a difference! http://myweddingshows.com/ShilpaRuchir/Reception/

Re: another AW...

• edited December 2011
    whoopps that link is pasting right...the in "reception" needs to be removed...weird
  • edited December 2011
    These are beatuful-all the details came out really nice. The "stage" looked like a movie set-the lighting added so much. Did you rent all of the glass vases for the centerpieces? Dumb question-what kind of flowers were those on the cake table? And was the parasol DIY or did you buy it like that?
    ExerciseMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    More gorgeousness, Shilps!  What a beautiful day.  Your centerpieces and your accent pieces with all the peacock feathers are just to die for.  Was the slideshow a surprise?  (Hillarious photos of you guys cracking up.)  Also, #33 of you and your hubs is quite steamy!  Love it! 
  • Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Boo - my craptastic work computer won't load the page :-( I'll have to check them out later But I do concur about the lighting!  It made a huge difference and it was definintely one of the best decisions we made for the reception!  I'd highly recommend getting uplighting if it's in your budget!
  • katie978katie978 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mine either  :(  excited to watch tonight, though!  And thanks for the thoughts re: lighting, ladies, we're currently deciding whether to keep or cut it.
  • edited December 2011
    thanks ladies! masti - we had had a florist for our CPs so the vases came with those designs (as rental pieces). the flowers im pretty sure are called dendrobium orchids, blue/purpble. and the TY parasol, I bought on etsy, but if you have the skill/patience im sure you could DIY! or mine is just sitting in our garage not doing much of anything if you want it !
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, I want it!  What is your email address?  Or email me at mastistyle at hotmail.com
    ExerciseMilestone
  • katie978katie978 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    aww looks like you guys had so much fun!!  and everything is incredible!  definitely love the centerpieces & those orchids!
  • erin&andyerin&andy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amazing!! Your wedding looked gorgeous!!
  • neha1683neha1683 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    absolutely gorgeous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards