Moms and Maids

Greetings from The White House

Saw this in a magazine and thought it was kind of cool. If you send the event info to the White House Greetings Office, they'll send back a congratulations card (machine-signed I guess).White HouseGreetings Office 1600 Pennsylvania AveWashington DC 20502or fax (202) 456-2461.Include name and home address of honoree(s) form of address (Mr., Ms., Mrs., Dr., Miss, etc.) exact date of occasion (month, day, year) age (birthdays) or number of years of marriage your (the requestor's) name and daytime phone number any specific mailing instructions if other than to honoree's address Wedding (Include couple's married names and current or new address Sorry, that was a cut and paste :-)There IS a big warning on the webpage that the office is swamped and you probably won't receive your card quickly but will receive it "eventually". And wedding cards are sent after the wedding anyway. They suggest sending it to them 6 wks in advance.Just an idea if anyone's interested!

Re: Greetings from The White House

• edited December 2011
    Actually all you need to send them is an invitation and the return address.  You can also send one to Mickey Mouse, the Pope, and Queen Elizabeth and you'll get a response from each of them.
  • edited December 2011
    I sent one to the White House, but didn't know about the other three.  Do you have addresses?  Might as well use up all the extra invitations!
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • edited December 2011
    This was the info that was on about.com, so I don't know how right it is.
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry, I don't have the addresses anymore.  I do remember that the one for Mickey Mouse gets sent to Disneyland in Calif. but that's all I remember.  I'm sure google would be able to give you some information.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards