New Jersey - South

Birthday Surprise :) :)

I know this is not wedding related but I am soooo excited and wanted to share :) My Birthday is on Tuesday and yesterday FI said that he had an early Birthday surprise for me and that we need to be somewhere by 2pm. We show up to this ladies house in Lumberton and I am beyond confused. We go into the house and the lady says wait right here I will go get them from the garage. At this point I figured he was buying something off of craigslists. She comes out with 2 golden retriever male puppies and FI says Happy Birthday baby, pick one!!! We had talked about getting a dog since we got the house but our backyard is not fenced in yet so I wasn't thinking until around Christmas. He completely surprised me and it was one of the best Birthday gifts ever :) He is 8 weeks old, we got him from a private breeder and we named him Coaty!

Re: Birthday Surprise :) :)

• nygirl07nygirl07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    aww, how cute!!  Happy Birthday!!  The first couple weeks will be tough but it's worth every sleepless night :) He's a cutie
  • edited December 2011
    Oh my goodness, that is so cute!!  What a great bday surprise!!  He is such an adorable puppy!  As pp said, the first few weeks will probably be a bit tiring but well worth it!  Congrats!!
    Yorkie Jenga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    He is soooo cute! I love fur babies! :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • cbuck87cbuck87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    aww he is adorbale!! Congrats!! Happy Early Birthday!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you :) I'm sure he will be a lot of work but hopefully it will be good practice for when kids come later down the road.
  • cbuck87cbuck87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I Have a boy chocolate lab, and let just say he was crazy when he was a pup.. Make sure if you are getting him fixed to do it as soon as you can, because they like to mark their territory and can be really "feisty" if you know what I mean!! Once you get to the 1 year mark, it starts to get better! Good luck!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards