Washington-Seattle

Working on a shoestring

Anyone know of a great caterer that will do an outdoor reception without charging an arm & leg?

Re: Working on a shoestring

• edited December 2011
    I know there's a caterer down here in Oly that specializes in outdoor catering: Marv's Marvelous BBQ... might give 'em a call.
  • edited December 2011
    What's your budget and how important is it for you to have a fair amount of contact with the caterer prior?  Also, do you need them to provide plates, silverware, etc?
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • jeannigirljeannigirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well looking at no moe than 1500. Just enough to see what kind of menu and pricing. If they can do a Backyard dinner. Yes will have to rent all the plates, silverware,glassware and linens. So need a caterer that is no farther South than Seattle.
  • edited December 2011
    How many guests?
    Married 7/10/10
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I just used 12 Baskets Catering for a work BBQ and they were great. We did beef burgers, chicken patties and veggie burgers for about $12/person. I'm sure they would customize a menu to fit your budget. http://www.twelvebasketscatering.com/
    edited December 2011
    110 Guests on the Invite list that includes B&G and WP.
  • edited December 2011
    That averages to about $13/per person. If you're aiming for that price to include the plates and silverware, I think your best bet is probably Flame Catering http://www.doughpeddler.com/flame/special.htm You'll have to go through a different company to rent plates and whatnot or if you're fine with disposable, that should work as well. I've heard they're not so good with communication prior, but they do follow through and their food is good. They have a couple reviews on the Seattle Knottie bio. Otherwise, if you have a little more room in your budget you could probably look into Brown's Catering - their pricing includes plates, silverware, napkins, servers, etc. Chef Bert is reasonable as well the only things his price doesn't include is napkins and tablecloths, but does include plates, silverware, glasses, etc.
    Married 7/10/10
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I am using O'Sheas Catering.  They do a great job and are very highly recommended.  I also use them for my work functions.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Correction on Flame - apparently they can supply the plates and linens, just not sure what their rates are.
    Married 7/10/10
    Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all you girls for suggestions. I will def look up them all up. If anyone else has some good reviews that do catering for backyard/outdoor receptions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards