Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Ken stillman

Has anyone used him -- his prices seem so good -- almost too good -- I would love to hear about anyone's experiences with him

Re: Ken stillman

• edited December 2011
    Ken does great work, as many on this board will tell you.  The one issue that seems to bother some brides is that he usually takes around one year to get your video back to you. 
    Yorkie Jenga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    The reviews on this board of him are great. However, I emailed and called him numerous times to get information and I never heard back from him. That and the fact that I heard he took a long time to get the videos back, I decided to book a different videographer.
  • edited December 2011
    Who are you using?  I like his work and I think his pricing is totally reasonable -- but the time line seems long.
  • edited December 2011
    WOW, one year? I didn't know that.
  • edited December 2011
    Alliance Video is also comprable to Stillman's pricing - http://www.alliancevideousa.com/.. they were just at a DJ show I attended.
  • angel33284angel33284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Martin's is the big favorite on the board for their low prices and fast delivery. But their quality isn't that great. Most people have used them say they are "good for the price". Ken Stillman has beter quality and takes a while, but then again so do Tangerine Media and Well Spun. I guess it just takes longer to make a better video.
  • edited December 2011
    I sent a request for info to Ken through his website and it took over a month to get a response.  I decided to save the extra money and book Martin's, who were very quick with their communication. 
    Yorkie Jenga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • jessica0602jessica0602 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    basically it all boils down to you.  do you want a great product that takes a while or do you want an adequate product with instant gratification?  while i think Ken's work is awesome, I had to talk my FI into a videographer at all so we went with Martin's.
  • edited December 2011
    I've also been trying to get ahold of Ken for a while now and wound up booking with Martins because I can't wait any longer to hear back from him.. It's pretty sad when someone is practically calling you beginning you to book their date and you don't even reply.
  • edited December 2011
    We decided to go with TLJ Studios. I can understand taking a while to put a really good video together, but as PPs had said... the fact that he never got back to me when I had emailed and called him to get information/availability really unnerved me. The last thing I had wanted to do was contract with someone who was difficult to get in touch with in the first place.
  • edited December 2011
    I used Ken Stillman.. my one year wedding anniversary was this week... still no video:(
  • wheresmyringwheresmyring member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My one year anniversary was this weekend and I have yet to receive my video from him. His customer service is unacceptable, he is non responsive and makes false deadline claims and misses them. He's been stringing us on since March with a series of woe stories about why our video is delayed. Most recently he said it's being mailed on Thursday without a tracking number because we're in Philly and we'll have it in one day. It's now Wednesday... and no video. He even went as far as to tell my husband to stop calling and stop emailing him. I wish we would have used someone who might have cost more, but who wouldn't be trating us this way. I'm upset about not having the video and disgusted with his attitude and utter disregard for his customers. Please do not use him, and please don't let anyone you know use him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards