Rhode Island

Hair and makeup timing

How long before your ceremony did you start the hair/makeup process? Thanks!

Re: Hair and makeup timing

• edited December 2011
    I just had my hair trial and she said she'd come to the hotel at 10am to be ready for 3pm.  She'll be doing 4 girls' hair.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    HAIR - 10am MAKE UP started at 11am Wedding - at 330pm
  • AmyRIAmyRI member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bridesmaids started earlier, but I started at 2 for ceremony at 5:30.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My Hair Appt is for 9amMy Make Up Appt is for 11:30ish (2 bm's are getting done before me)Ceremony starts are 2:30
  • edited December 2011
    5 girls got hair done6 got makeupCeremony at 2Makeup artist came at 7:45Hair stylist came at 9:30All hair was done by 11:30Makeup was done by 12:30 I think?I wanted pictures of my makeup being done, so she saved me for the end. I told both my makeup and hair ladies that everyone had to leave at 1, the photographer was coming at noonish, so I didn't want to feel rush..and I didn't!Just figure out how many girls you have, figure 45 mins for each for hair and makeup, and an hour for yourself. Depends on how many people you have doing hair/makeup.. Then decide what time you need to leave/what time you want everyone done & readyGood luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! I know it seems ridiculously early to be asking about this, but I'm finding that vendors are, not surprisingly, booking very quickly for 10-10-10 so I'm thinking about things I hadn't planned on having to think about for a while! The MUA that I contacted wanted to know what time I'd want here there for my 3 p.m. ceremony and I froze, like, "Crap. I have no idea! Lemme go ask!" I'm glad you're all here. :)
  • kcabral80kcabral80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had 6 girls getting hair and makeup done, and for a 2pm ceremony we started at 7am. we ran a bit tight towards the end, i wont lie :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards