New York-New York City

GIFTS, GIFTS AND MORE GIFTS

HELP!T minus 7 days and I have a boatload of gifts to get.The ONLY gift I have is my future MIL/FIL...I restored their wedding photo. It's gorgeous!I am struggling to figure out a sentimental gift for my divorce mom and dad. I am thinking picture frames for our wedding pictures? On the divorce front: do I/should I get my father's girlfriend of 10 years a gift? We're not really close, my mother doesn't like her...so yeah, it might be awkward but at the end of the day, she is always uber generous to me. Ugh!Bridal party: I am paying for my girls' makeup. They are taking care of their hair costs (3 out of 4 have their mom paying for it so it's not out of pocket)I still want to give them something at the rehearsal dinner...My sister and brother...need something.My bridesmaids' mother and father are like my second set of parents...what do you give someone who has everything???I welcome any and all suggestions ladies:)

Re: GIFTS, GIFTS AND MORE GIFTS

• edited December 2011
    You have to get your dad's wife a gift - given the time and that you admit she has been generous, to do otherwise would be tacky and not follow proper etiquette, and frankly, would be just plain rude.  :-) I think your idea sounds great - useful and nice and everyone uses frames.  And it won't break the bank, unless you are going uber fancy. On the gift front, what's the protocol if a bride and groom are hosting their own wedding?  We have a very small party, MOH and BM; I'm paying for my MOH's dress (she's my niece); BM is going to pay for his stuff.  I guess we could get them something small; they still get the benefit of enjoying the reception.  :-) But what of parents?  I guess you give them something but I'll want to keep it small since we are paying for everything and we aren't doing any rehearsal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards