Ohio-Toledo

Tamaron Country Club

Does anyone have their wedding scheduled at Tamaron before the end of the year?  Have you talked with anyone there since they filed bankruptcy on Monday?  My daughter's reception is scheduled there in December so our next payment is due in September.  I'm more than a little leary about making that payment.  I'll call them directly in a couple days after the dust settles a bit, but I'm curious if anyone else is in the same boat.  Thanks.

Re: Tamaron Country Club

• edited December 2011
    um, they were supposed to be auctioning it off on Tuesday at noon. I do not know what happened tho....
  • edited December 2011
    From today's Blade:Article published August 26, 2009 Tamaron files for bankruptcy protection Move halts auction of club in ToledoBLADE STAFF An auction of the Tamaron Country Club golf and banquet facility scheduled for Tuesday was canceled after owners filed for protection from creditors in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Toledo, the court-appointed receiver said. Receiver Ralph DeNune instructed Wilson Auction and Realty Co. to postpone the sale set for noon. He acted after Tamaron Properties LLC, owner of the 115-acre property at 2162 West Alexis Rd. in Toledo, filed Monday for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. The filing listed less than $50,000 in assets and between $1 million and $10 million in debts. Wedding receptions and other events scheduled at the facility will not be affected by the bankruptcy, Mr. DeNune said. The auction was ordered by Lucas County Judge James Bates in a foreclosure case brought by Huntington National Bank, which says it is owed $1.1 million in unpaid loans. The longtime owner of the public golf course and banquet facility that straddles the Ohio-Michigan line said three weeks ago that he would retain ownership. "The bank is going to be paid, and that is going to be the end of the story," Anthony Fuhrman told The Blade in early August.His family acquired Tamaron, then known as Sunningdale Country Club, 37 years ago.
  • nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is terrible...I truly hope they hold to the agreement that it will not affect any weddings! Good luck to you...hope everything works out ok. It really is a pretty hall!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    oh good i am glad they didnt auction it. my reception was there in june and i would have freaked out if this was happening before my wedding. good luck i hope this resolves
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the well wishes.  The bankruptcy actually does make it a bit more stable as far as "being there", at least through year-end.  The quality of what will be provided is my biggest concern.  With this news being very public, I can't imagine that many new events will be booking and paying deposits.  By the time December rolls around, how much $$ will they have to work with?  Still deciding whether to cut our losses now before making another deposit payment.KM - any review of how your reception went in June?
  • edited December 2011
    We are having ours there the first weekend in October. It's on my list to call them today and try and talk to someone and make sure everything is still going to be there!
  • edited December 2011
    ac_baker, we had our wedding there last fall and it was beautiful with the trees and changing leaves.  I hope everything is okay!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! That was our thoughts that you'd be able to see the tree's changing colors out of the big windows in there and it'd be great. I still haven't called there yet. It on my never ending list of things to do.
  • edited December 2011
    Hello, I'm curious if anyone has talked with Tamaron yet and if they have said anything about their future. My reception is scheduled there for Oct 2010 and I am having serious doubts about whether or not they will be around, and if they are, what quality their service will be. Also, if anyone has decided to move their reception elsewhere, I'm hoping you can tell me whether or not you were able to get your deposit back since the contract was signed before they filed bankruptcy (I know this is highly unlikely, but I figured I'd ask). Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards