Wedding Etiquette Forum

NWR: NCLEX-RN

Just took it this morning, and feeling pretty crappy. Does anyone know how often people are bad enough to have the computer shut off at 75 and still fail?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NWR: NCLEX-RN

• WTF does that even mean...
  • I misht be slow, but I didn't understand a word of that.
  • Err.... .... ....?
  • Are you sure you're in the right place?

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • do you come with a translator?
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • ????? I'm clueless as to what you're asking.
  • It's the nursing state board, and I get all messed up on exams because I always add stuff to the questions.
  • NCLEX is a test for people who are going through nursing program.  It's to make sure they know stuff before they get to take care of you. 
  • I still don't understand the question.  Or why you posted it here.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Hoooo-kay then. I'm still confused.
  • I repeat- you should not become an RN. Maybe you shouldn't even be an LPN.  I'm actually kind of scared.
  • I was hoping some other nurses would stumble across it.
  • I am in the nursing program, but no where near close enough to have taken boards.My co-workers all said that they were convinced that they failed it.  They were 100% sure that they failed it.  BUT they didn't...so keep a positive attitude until you know for sure!!
  • I hear ya, pumpkin. Don't worry, it shut off for me at 75 too and I passed. You can't really predict when it's going to end or what it means when it does. My friend passed her and she got all the questions.Hang in there! Waiting for the results is the hard part! Did you take any prep classes? I did the Kaplan course and it was invaluable to know how to take the test, even if you are unsure of some of the answers. The questions are tricky--every answer can be correct, but you have to know what they're really asking to get the right one. Damn this was 8 years ago and I still get chills thinking about it! Glad those days are over! =)
  • Don't worry...the NLCEX is designed to that every person that takes it fails. The more questions you answer correctly, the harder the questions become. It's designed for your level of knowledge. Did you do well in nursing school? If you did I would think that it's not likely that you were within a 95% chance of failing. I don't know where you are but in my state we could call the board the next day to see if we were licensed. Faster than the results of the board.
  • That's not a reason to be frightened. If I have to take it a 4th time, then you should be scared.
  • My cousin took it and the computer shut off after 75 questions.  She thought she failed and left crying.  she passed.  Breath.  you either did amazing or failed.  you know how the test works.  She said she doesnt know anyone who failed when it shut off at 75, only passed. If you failed, its ok, there arent any good nursing jobs out there now anyway ;)
  • I'm a nurse. It's actually either really good, or really bad. The computer will shut off when it has enough of an idea of how competent you are. If it shut off at 75 and you passed, you are a very smart nurse.
  • Amoro - which one of us is missing something? Do you not have (uncommon) knowledge of the nursing boards or am I lacking info about Pumpkin Princess?
  • I have to wait until Wednesday. I did very well in nursing school, ATI predicted that I had a 98% chance of passing, and I am functioning without difficulty on my unit, but I just feel sooo horrible about this test. When the computer shut off, my eyes bugged out and I was like please give me more questions.
  • Oh I forgot to add that I also was scared after walking out with only 75 questions because I felt like they were so hard. I passed.
  • I know quite a few nurses who had the computer shut off right at 75. My instructors (I'm in nursing school now) said that it's common. Either you were doing well enough and the computer didn't need to go any further or, well, the other way around. I'll hope for the better for you! Good luck!!
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oh, if you felt like they were getting harder that means that you were doing good. If you felt like they were getting easier then you failed. So maybe you did pass.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It really sounds like you passed. If you go on your state board of nursing website, you can look your name up and see if a license has been issued in your name. Sometimes that's quicker than calling.
  • Someone said there aren't any good nursing jobs right now...interesting.  Around here, that's ALL there is.  Granted, we have the Mayo Clinic, but even Mayo is laying people off. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • If I have to take it a 4th time, then you should be scared.You've taken the RN test 3 times already?
  • I'm scared to even get the test results. I did like eleventy billion questions to prepare, and I read the Kaplan book, but the questions seemed so hard. I was so nervous when I walked in that I couldn't even speak when the receptionist asked what test I was taking.
  • No, today was my first time, but if I can't pass on the 2nd or 3rd try, I should really just give up, no?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards