Wedding Woes
Options

Varuna

Question: Is there any contect inside the paper Rolling Stone that you can't access online?I've been wanted a subscription for years, was bummed when they changed the size/paper, and then just never signed up.Your thoughts?Also, please to be telling me all about these new smashbox eye palettes?????

Re: Varuna

• Options
    Question 1:  I don't really know.  I get three Rolling Stone feeds from RSS and the magazine (had the magazine before I got the reader going).  Lots of the time, the feed will send me a story that links to in full content.  However, I still enjoy reading the magazine at leisure and not on my computer.  Plus, they do a breaking news section (not in magazine) and I get to see all that stuff as it comes, whereas they might just do one article combining all of the Them Crooked Vultures stuff, for instance.  I have noticed that not all of the front cover stories will come through RSS and sometimes those are really interesting too.  I'll probably keep both going in all honesty.  I like collecting them.I've gotten used to the regular size.  And though I loved the oversized, this one is easier to read.  And there seems to be fewer ads, although that might not be true.Question 2:  The new fall palattes are called Reign and Majesty.  I super duper want the Reign one, but it's $42 for basically 3 colors.  Each color has a matte and a sparkle, BUT it's formed into one circle of eyeshadow.  The outside is the matte and the inside is the sparkle.  I just think it's dumb packaging.
  • Options
    [IMG]http://i29.tinypic.com/2hx6o9i.jpg[/IMG]This is Reign.
  • Options
    I would just end up with sparkle and matte together. Stupid, indeed. I need to put a subscriton to RS on my xmas wish list.
  • Options
    Buy a magazine off the newsstand and send in one of the cards.  They always have something like pay for one year, get one free or other nonsense.  I think I paid $20 for 2 years this last time.  I get it, quit, then sign back up all the time.  It's like a sickness.
  • Options
    I liked the other one better.  Though Reign was sold out.  Which means you like the same as everyone else.  ;)
  • Options
    We are spending xmas with H's peeps and they do an exchange. Everyone writes down some things they want within a certain price range and this would make things fool proof. You should have seen the synthetic sweater MIL gave me. ::shudders:: I think she really wanted me to start myself on fire.
  • Options
    Actually, I really like them both.  Which is why I'm not buying either one of them.  B/c $84 dollars on 6 eyeshadows is ABSURD.  Besides, if I really wanted to, I can get close to replicating Majesty with my humongous Smashbox thing E got me for Christmas.  Reign's palette is a bit more difficult.
  • Options
    humongous Smashbox thing E got me for ChristmasTell me about THIS!
  • Options
    Oh she got some deal through working at Ulta that she sent me at Xmas.  It's one of those huge palates with tons of eyeshadow.  Then the eyeshadow holder comes apart and the 2nd layer has 2 blushes, eyeliners, brow stuff, lip gloss and lip sticks.  It was really nice.  I now blame her for the Smashbox addiction.
  • Options
    I do, too. She is a big fat pusher like OFace.
  • Options
    ::side eye::Hey, I just answer questions.::putting on DiorShow mascara::
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards