Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Cake vendors :)

I've been looking like a mad man, had one tasting already and another one scheduled!  I've looked at bios and at the vendor thread but maybe some didn't catch that post!Could you please post who you used/are using and their prices, if you don't mind.Thanks!

Re: Cake vendors :)

• juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Dallas Affaires.  It was delicious and pricey.  All in all, I'd say my cake was about $800 (for 128) but that included the cost of the flowers (which they got from my florist) and delivery and set up.  It was worth every penny but I know they're not for everyone.
  • appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ruth Robbins. Contact info in bio under VendorsFor ribbon, 4 tier, one being fake, about 90 servings and delivery ours came out to around 350. She works out of her home and her cake is AWESOME!
  • edited December 2011
    Radford Cakery.   I can't remember exactly how much we paid, but it was about $400, for 4 tiers (one was fake)
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PS:  2 of mine were fake.
  • edited December 2011
    Panini Bakery4 tiers around $600.
  • edited December 2011
    Candy Haven - $700 for a three tier square cake with diamonds around the base of each layer and a two tier grooms cake with double dipped chocolate strawberries cascading down the side.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using the Cake Guys.  Delicious!  They used to have a $600 minimum but now they have a "budget" line where you don't have as much flexibility with your choices, but it's cheaper. My 4-tiered cake (2 fake with a sheet cake for serving and our topper boxed separately) was close to $900 I think with delivery--I can't remember exactly.
  • edited December 2011
    Blackforest Bakerylook at prices on website.we haven't decided how big we are going.  But prices are great!  Besides my photographer this is my favorite vendor!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Jackie Spratt CakesThe most delicious cake I've ever tasted.$750 for 5 tiers, 1 dummy tier, 3 different flavors, hydrangea and roses, in between layers and delivery. Seriously it's amazing.Mine is the first one on the left when the slideshow starts on her home pagewww.jackiesprattcakes.com
  • prlmrg08prlmrg08 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in love with Sandy Chang(817-292-5033) and she starts at $3/slice. She uses REAL butter in her cakes and they are truely amazing!!!! Also like www.swankycakes.com (I used them for my wedding... $2.25 a slice when I got married) and www.lisascreativecakes.com (have gotten birthday cakes from her and had her wedding cakes at a few weddings... very good too)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Delicious Cakes in Southlake. My cake is 7 total tiers -- 3 real, 4 fake. Delivery and everything it was $685 -- but they gave me half off for some reason so it would have been almost $1400. Also -- they re-make the top tier for you (whatever flavor you want) for free for your one year anniversary.
  • edited December 2011
    I forgot to add, we have enough cake to serve 175 ppl.
  • MBain09MBain09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Frosted Art. For 2) 6" tiers and 1) 4" tier quilted fondant including the monogram topper and delivery for a touch over $400.I decided to surprise FI with a grooms cake and I'm not sure how much it will cost yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We used Elena's Cakes and loved her and our cakes. The flavor we chose made it more expensive, but there are several options and they're all delicious. My cake was 5 tiers (I think) w/ one fake tier. It had some fondant details, but mostly buttercream, and the cake was all one flavor. With delivery and intricate design on every other tier was $785. We also had a grooms cake that was a surprise, but don't remember the price. Elena's was pricey, but we were very happy with the final result. She is a true artist and an extremely talented baker. I suggest meeting with several bakers, they all vary.
  • DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Emi, I'm doing a cake consultation with Elena tonight... I'm really looking forward to it!  What flavor did you go with?
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did 4 tastings and got 4 quotes this weekend.  All are for 4 tiers (1 of them fake) and serve about 140 people.Elena's- YUMMIEST!!!  About $500ish.  We are probably going with her.  The champagne flavor about made me fall out of my chair with the yumminess.  And the Kahlua for the groom's (not included in above price). (About $3.75 per serving) Celebrate- $400  Pretty good flavors, but had better. ($3.00 per serving for most flavors)Radford- $400 Again, pretty good, but not the best. ($3.00 per serving)Panini- Amazingly yummy- Our 2nd choice.  $475
    photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

• edited December 2011
    Donna - you'll LOVE her. Tell her Emily & Jeff say hi. If she needs reminding then tell her that we're the ones that did the bowling shirt as a grooms cake. We did the champagne flavor for all tiers. It was a little extra, but so worth it. She had a lot of great flavors, but this one was our favorite and worked for us. Champagne is pretty much our favorite beverage aside from water. :) Let me know how it goes tonight. She is a true artis and does beautiful work. We worked together quite a bit designing both of our cakes and they turned into masterpieces. Let me know if you want me to email you pictures of my cakes.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Update--I just looked at my contract and my cake was $775--sounds a lot better than $900!  It feeds 192.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the help ladies, I've emailed a bunch of these! 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    amberpro, thanks for the input, I'm looking at 3 on your list!  emi, yes please email some photos of your cakes to mikeanddonna at gmx dot com Thanks ladies!!
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
  • edited December 2011
    Donna - YGM!
  • Dreynol1Dreynol1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Society Bakery! Amazing! My cake was four tiers with a different flavor in each tier. Grooms cake was two tiered chocolate with chocolate covered strawberries. Total cost was $1000.00. I received many compliments on my cakes, specifically the taste!
  • edited December 2011
    Tabitha Ballard--$1.50/serving for buttercream. We got a different flavor for each tier at no cost.http://www.myspace.com/tabithascakes
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
  • amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Donna- you're welcome.  I looked at the contract proposal and the yummy champagne flavor is $4.00 per serving, and my quote was for $560.  So good!!  Hope you had fun tonight!
    photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

• sksegovia@sksksegovia@sk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting mines from Romo's Bakery in Mesquite, it will be a 3 tier, square, butter cream and with black curl designs all over. For about 150 guests, it's costing me $280.00 very cheap and their cakes are amazing and very delicious.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just a quick report back, looooved my tasting with Elena.  Her champagne white chocolate cake was amazing!  FI's favorite was actually the white chocolate liquer cake, also amazing! Her gum paste flowers are gorgeous and so lifelike, and I felt that she really understood my cake concept. 
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards