African American Weddings

LADIES....What are you walking down the aisle to?

I still don't have a song and I am getting married in 13 days...

Re: LADIES....What are you walking down the aisle to?

• edited December 2011
    is your dad walking you down the aisle?...if so, have you considered "YOUR JOY" by Chrisette Michele...to go youtube to hear it if you never heard it...the lyrics are awesome and very touching...
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry, me and FI were sitting down the pen and paper last night trying to figure out songs to walk down to so don't feel bad. We're also at the 13 day mark as well (and yes my stomach just flipped again).Anyway, this is the rough draft.FI & Mom: Maxwell-Whenever, Whereever, WhateverBridal Party: Billy Joel- Just the way you areBride: I only have eyes for youThat's what I got right now.
  • sorryimtakensorryimtaken member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alf, hmmmmmListen to this and tell me what you all think think. I LOVE Beyonce, so I kinda think this is perfecthttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU5GGiFK5Bc
  • braxtongirlbraxtongirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Together Forever by Shai! FI favorite song
  • edited December 2011
    you will probably get a better response about this song from romey (Krystal) because she's a Beyonce stan, not me...LOL!...I say go with it if you are feeling it and it speaks to your feelings about FI...I personally like DANGEROUSLY IN LOVE but I know the tempo is alittle fast for an entrance song but I will be using this song as our "1st song" because we plan on doing a salsa to it...it will also be a total shock to our fam & friends because they know how I feel about Beyonce...LOL!  :)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm walking to "when I first saw you" by Jamie Foxx from the Dreamgirls soundtrack. Short and Sweet.
  • edited December 2011
    mrsTJB - that's a great song as an entrance!! :) braxtongirl - i had to youtube that Shai song to remember how it went...I like that a whole bunch!!  :)
  • missevansmissevans member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I Love that Shai song! Ow! I'm using Giving Myself Over To You by Jennifer Hudson. I think I saw Asuanta using that too.  Its a BEAUTIFUL song that makes me cry every time I hear it. I'm going to be a blubbering mess.
  • braxtongirlbraxtongirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having someone sing that J Hud song while we are lighting the unity candles.
  • edited December 2011
    I was at a wedding yesterday, the bride walked down to "Beautiful Surprise" by India Arie. It was a great song to walk down too...I'm actually thinking about using it myself now. :-)
  • edited December 2011
      I was planning on walking down to Halo by Beyonce. However, that could change because I'm about sick of that song now. It's always on. I have to change it every time I hear that song come on now.
  • edited December 2011
    i used Giving Myself. Great song and guest response. Beautiful Surprise was used when Perry sat my mom. It's short and extremely sweet.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm walking down to "Giving Myself To You" by Jennifer Hudson too!!! I get misty eyed every time I hear it! Thank God I'll have my MUA on hand!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm walking down to Golden by Chrisette michele.
  • edited December 2011
    The Sweetest Love by Robin Thicke is what's callin' me. Gonna Have a Funky Good Time by James Brown is what I love to walk to.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • trevette1981trevette1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd like to use Kisses by Bliss. It's on the Sex in the City soundtrack. I ;like it because it would sound great on the beach, very relaxing sounds. Although I'm not sure how that would work on the beach, but any wedding outside, I want this song.lol
  • edited December 2011
    All those songs are beautiful. I haven't thought of a walk song. The only song I have so far is Ave Maria. FI is half Dominican and catholic, we both love that song, of course it will be in Spanish. Other than that, I have a harpist, and my mom's friend is a musical director, so he is coordinating the music from the pre-ceremony to the cocktail hour.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  • edited December 2011
    Girl that is my most favorite song off the bday album. While I was pregnant I made my FI a powerpoint presentation with our pictures and that was the song in the background. I'm quite sure imma pick on of her songs to walk down the aisle to. Dangerously In Love will be played at the wedding to(maybe 1st dance IDK). I was really crunk when i went and seen that was the song you was talking about. Girl use that!!!
  • tangie73tangie73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will be walking down the aisle to Heather Headley's If It Wasn't For Your Love. My colleague will play the piano and a violinist will play the melody of the lyrics. It is soo beautiful and true to our relationship.
  • edited December 2011
    I will be walking in to "That Somebody was you" by Kenny G featuring Toni Braxton.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    It's between 3 songs now. 1. Halo Beyonce 2. Love Is You Chrisette Michele 3. Golden Chrisette Michele
  • edited December 2011
    when i first saw you- jamie foxx.
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing all classical pieces for the ceremony as this is FI's favorite genre of music. 
  • edited December 2011
    I was on the Chrissette Michelle, and then I went and listened to the JHUD song, I was tearing up at my computer... I have definitely made the change.
  • durhambridedurhambride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chrisette Michele "Golden"
  • jordyn1204jordyn1204 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I plan on walking down the isle to an instrumental version of babyface- eveytime I see your face. my bridesmaids will walk down to "You" by Jessie Powell. Our first dance is going to be "Spend my life with you" by Eric Bene feat. Tamia
  • edited December 2011
    i walked down to golden by chrisette michelle as well
    Expecting our 16 year Dating Anniversary baby on 11/11/11! BabyFetus Ticker
  • ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Alfdallas will appreciate this but I am walking down to The Throne Room music from Star Wars: A New Hope. It actually starts out like the wedding march but it's a song that definitely will announce that I am here!The bridal party is going down to a classical Japanese piece called Innocent Green and my son who is the ringbearer and my flower girl are walking to the Imperial March from Star Wars.There is a lot of classical music from sci fi movies so we are incorporating that type of music in the ceremony and processional.
  • winter443winter443 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm walking down to "if it wasn't for your love" by heather headley.
    I love my baby, yep yep, he loves this chick! imageimageimageMy Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I am probably too late for this, but I am walking down the aisle to "Sweet Love" by Anita Baker.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards