Washington-Seattle

NWR: I hate my job.

I work at a family run company where people have worked here forever and are all related to eachother but not necessarily related to the owners. They all scam the system and leave for hours on end doing NWR (non work related) things and never get anything done. I work Sun-Thurs.. But Sunday is just me and 2 others here and this means that I get to deal with everything they decided to leave Friday afternoon. Most of the time they just leave early, pretend files didn't come over.. leave a bunch of crap for me to sort out. But, I can't say anything because they are all related and make it seem like its not a big deal.Anyway, today I'm just so frustrated with it I could scream. I'm not just waiting on some one else but I've been here for 8 hours already. UGH! Vent over.
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!

Re: NWR: I hate my job.

• seblaggseblagg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry Sara! I understand how you feel. I'm incredibly unhappy at my job and plan to start looking for something new after the wedding. I don't have any words of advice for you. I just sympathize with you. Keep your chin up!

• edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry.  The last company I worked at was owned and run by a husband and wife team so I can relate.  Needless to say, it took me a bit to realize it was an unhealthy environment for me to be in and get something new.  Hang in there and start getting your stuff ready.  Would you try to stick it out until the wedding or wait until after to find something?
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    That sucks Sara!  :(
    -Liss EED (Estimated Eviction Date): February 18th, 17th, 21st and now the 14th. Who knows...they change the date every appointment! BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~February 2012~Siggy Challenge~Favorite Halloween Candy~
    My Sometimes Updated Belly Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Definately going to try to stick it out until after the wedding because it is security. they always tell me that they can't live without me and are so happy to have me. It just sucks sometimes. However, I am lucky that I have a job. Thanks for the words! I am feeling that this is an unhealthy environment for me too.
  • cmcclaningcmcclaning member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just wait it out for the wedding and then get out! By the way, I was looking at your planning bio that you linked... are your colors navy and lime green (seahawks?)? We should talk! I would love to pick your brain!
  • edited December 2011
    cmcclaning, the colors are supposed to be more of a peacock blue (royal blue) and a lime/apple/chartreuse green. BUT I do love the Seahawks colors. What would you like to talk about? You can email me at sarackfox at yahoo dot com if you'd like to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards