Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

ok what do you think? NWR

Ok, so as I posted I am in FULL out house hunting mode..I found this house..and omg it looks flippin AWESOME, GREAT price and just WOW! I emailed my realtor to see if she can get us an appt to look at it...Do you think this is too good to be true?http://www.pittsburghmoves.com/ID/43463idk if it's clicky...sorry

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: ok what do you think? NWR

• edited December 2011
    Wow. Great price. Great house. I guess you'd have to find out exactly where it is. Case the neighborhood. :P
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto, Molly - check the neighborhood. It seems like a great price and a great house.
  • SteelrsGrl92SteelrsGrl92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    its GreenTree City, which Im not 100% familiar with but I think KO School District!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    It's very cute! My FI just bought our house a few years ago and I asked him how a 6 bedroom nice looking house in Greentree could only be 119,000 and he immediately said the lot size? That says 60 X 100 which is kinda on the small end for a house that size and it could also be in a not-so-good area, so that might be a reason for the low price. Can't hurt to check it out tho! GL!!
  • reannalynnereannalynne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its plum boro school district, according to your link, but I don't think thats a bad school district, is it? It is really cute. I wish I could afford it!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kim- that was the only down fall!reannalynne- yea I saw that its 'plum boro' which I dont think could be possible because it's no where near plum...I looked at the actual school list and it says KO so something is wrong lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely check out the neighborhood...thats the only thing I can think of! GL!
  • edited December 2011
    Plum and KO are not even close together. I wonder what the mixup is? The zipcode is up near Dormont/Mt. Lebo, so definitely KO.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls this is super nerve wracking since my lease is up end of Oct. But since FBIL told FI that he'll buy him out that makes me happy so they dont have to depend on selling their place!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    that is about what houses go for in that area. my friend bought one recently in the same school district for 93 i think. - but green tree is a bit nicer which is why your house is prob 20 thousand more.
  • edited December 2011
    Aww it's cute! GL!

Vacation

• edited December 2011
    It looks really cute!  I love looking at houses (even though we aren't moving for at least a year:-))  And i LOVE the corner fireplace, I think those are great!  GL!
  • edited December 2011
    That price seems accurate to me. It looks like an older home with street parking and a small lot, which are all things that make houses cheaper.
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely go check out the area and how the house is situated.  Oftentimes the pictures don't quite tell the whole story.  But, I hope it's all true. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Greentree City is great!  The school district would be the Pittsburgh Public Schools.  The house that comes up says it is in Plum Boro school district.  It does seem like a great house though!  Like everyone said, check the neighborhood out.  Also, check comparables (sp?).  I'm not positive, but after being around the real estate business a majority of my life and recently purchasing a home, it looks like the house was bought to fix up and flip it.    That may be why it is such a good price.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards