• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
June 2010 Weddings

little check!

I just bought my cake pans!!! :-D I was gonna do a trial just for taste, but I might as well practice with the right shape (it's going to be a rather unique cake.... but I have 2 prof cake bakers to give me tips, thanks to my clients through work.).I will get them in 2-4 days, then do my first 'official' test! Anyone in the AZ area is welcome to taste. :) I think I'm gonna make a 2-tier to start (and it's a layered cake), and that's WAYYY too much cake for just the 2 of us!

Re: little check!

• Hey! In regards to your response on my cake post.......You're welcome! GL with the trial! FI and I actually got the whole cake to take home with us...its a mini but still a decent portion!
    image Anniversary
  • Good luck!! Take pics, I wanna see! Really, I wanna taste, but I don't think cake would hold up to well on the trip from AZ to NY.
  • I definitly wanna see pics.. good luck.. What kind of cakes or layers are you making?
    Photobucket
  • I'll be sure to take pics. :) Thanks for reminding me of that, cuz I probly woulda forgotten!Hwrd, it'll be a strawberry filling, and just a basic white or sponge cake for the cake part. (We'll see how we like it all, the cake flavor or the filling might change.) I'm making an attempt at a marshmallow fondant. I have TWO "good" fondant recipes. If we like the flavor ok, we'll go for fondant. If they're not tasty, I'll be doing a stiffer buttercreme icing. But for the design of our cake, fondant would be easier, so I'm willing to try a couple recipes before throwing out the idea.
  • Good luck love! If I were in the AZ area, I'd definitely take you up on the offer.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic White Knot
  • This is the like the ultimate in DIY. :o)  Good luck Miss Z!!!! Can't wait to see the pics!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards