Florida-West Coast

Longboat Hilton Advice/Recommendation please!

Hey Everyone! I think I have narrow down my wedding venue finally!! We are leaning toward the Hilton on Longboat Key. I love the casual beachy florida vibe there. We are thinking a ceremony on the beach then a tented reception. Anyone have any experience or know anyone who got married there?? I would love to hear how the food for receptions turned or what your guests have said about the stay/experience there! We are looking to have 150 people so I like that with only 100 rooms we will take over the place!! Any information is greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

Re: Longboat Hilton Advice/Recommendation please!

• jen812jen812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Nicole! I'm getting married at the Hilton LBK Feb, 20th 2010. So far everyone there has been very helpful & nice. I live in Massachusetts so they've been very good helping me find vendors. We're having our ceremony on the beach then moving inside for the reception. When are you getting married? I found the room rates to be very expensive so most of my guests will be staying elsewhere. My future brother in law was there for a wedding over the summer. They had a buffet & he said the food was delicious. In fact, everything about the place was great. If you want more info, you can email me jen.lopes@gmail.com Good luck!!
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • longboatbridelongboatbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married at their sister resort, the Lido Beach Club. The food was wonderful, but the restaurant there prepares it. As PP said, the rooms are very expensive and they do not provide any real deals. But it is a beautiful location.
  • lrenna18lrenna18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there and my best friend got married there a few years ago and i just fell in love. She had such an amazing experience there! I do have a relatively small wedding (80 or so) so the room works out great. Very intimate. I have quite a few guests coming from England and out of town so we are getting married on a Friday. Quite a few are making a vacation out of it and staying a few days. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards