Illinois-Chicago

Vale of Enna

Has anybody used this florist have any recommendations for a good one?

Re: Vale of Enna

• edited December 2011
    Hi, I didn't use Grace from Vale of Enna because she wasn't available on my wedding date, but I would have if she was!  Some friends used her and raved about her work and her reasonable prices.  I am using April Joy Events (www.apriljoyevents.com).  Also has a fabulous portfolio and can work with any budget!
  • edited December 2011
    I personally had a really hard time getting in touch with her. We met with her to get some ideas out on the table and she said she would email us by a certain date, but she didn't. Then when I tried getting in contact with her over the phone/email for the next week or two, I never got a call back or anything (I still haven't heard from her).  That was my own personal experience with her though. I do know that other people who have used her in the past though had good experiences with her though, especially because of her price.I personally would recommend Gina from GnG Designs-- that's who I ended up booking with.  She's been VERY helpful through the whole planning process-- especially given the fact that I changed my whole feel after we had met and established everything. I would also recommend Kristen (Kio Kreations).  She is the first one I looked into before Grace from Vale of Enna and Gina from GnG. I know that people on this board have had a really great experience with her too. Hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    I also had a hard time contacting Grace, but her designs are lovely!Since we did place a high value on communication we booked with Gina at GNG Designs
  • edited December 2011
    I've booked her for my April 2010 wedding and so far I've loved working with her! She's very sweet, has been very creative when it comes to my florals and makes such beautiful arrangements for the other weddings that I've seen. I've been keeping up with her stuff on her blog: http://www.valeofenna.blogspot.com. Maybe you can get a better feel for her there and she has other reviews on Yelp and Weddingwire (which is how I found her). In terms of communication, she is a bit slower than some of my other vendors at times; at other times she's really fast. I think the general concensus when it comes to Grace is that her work is absolutely gorgeous, but that her communication lags. But so far so good and I'm very excited with what we have planned! Hope that helps and good luck with your florist search!
  • edited December 2011
    I have heard the same great recommendations about KioKreations &  GnG. Neither were available for my wedding--my florist isn't well known, but I used Tracy- Elegant Blooms.  She was great- awesome communications and ideas to work with my budget, and the flowers were beautiful.  She works out of her home in Naperville, but traveled to meet me in Chicago for all our meetings.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • bpitchfobpitchfo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Grace and everything she has done, so far is very unique and beautiful! She is hard to get a hold, but she is worth it.  Plus the prices are awesome!
  • e_feldmann_15e_feldmann_15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just booked her for my June 2010 wedding and I am so excited. I have met with her 2 times in the last 2 months. It did take a while to get our quote back and it takes her a few days to respond but her work is beautiful and she is very friendly and her prices are amazing. I had another quote from a florist that gave me about 2/3 of what i wanted and was $1600 over buget and she gave me everything I wanted within my budget!
  • edited December 2011
    I am also using Grace for my Nov. wedding.   I loved her work, thought she had excellent natural taste (which is good, because I don't want to micro manage anyone), and had excellent pricing.   The few times I have emailed her since my first sets of meetings she has been very responsive and accomodating for my trial run.   That being said, I didn't expect an immediate response to my messages.  Good luck!
  • finally9finally9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using her as well! Communication is not her strong point, but she is great at what she does. Just call her if you REALLY need something, she's more responsive on the phone vs. email.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards