Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

WWYD...

My FI and I are looking at a company that offers photo/video, dj and limos. We are looking to use them for photo & video. FI's cousin used this photographer for her wedding. We both loved the photographer & her work. The only problem is, the company doesn't have a good rating with BBB. We're going to meet with her tomorrow. I've wanted to use her for our photos since I met her, but now that I've seen the rating, I'm unsure.. What do you all think? TIA, Jennifer
My deal is that I am going to murder your puppies and piss on your rainbows. -diablesse Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: WWYD...

• subdolasubdola member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is a huge red flag.  How important are your pictures?  If the answer is 'very' then if I were you there's NO WAY I would go with a vendor with ANY marks on the BBB report. 
    We're currently on a 15 month trip around the world!
    **Check out our travel blog**
    Planning Bio Married Bio
  • PolarBearFansPolarBearFans member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The bad BBB rating may mean nothing. Sometimes people use the BBB for retalation to not getting their way on something, and if the vendor doesn't respond they get a bad rating. My photographer who has an excellent reputation has a negative BBB rating and it was for a a bride that was mad that she still had to pay for her wedding album when she got divorced one month after her wedding (wedding albums take a few months to put together). He has a bad rating because he refused to respond since he has already told her no many times that she could not return the album he spent numerous hours editing and putting together for her. In my area, those all in one companies don't have the best reputation, and it is probably because they offer so many services. Since it is all one company, you are seeing feeback on all areas of the business, not just photography. Someone has a complaint about the limo sent? dj wasn't up to standards? anything could be the cause of the bad reputation. I would be careful, look at other photographers, but if this one is your fav, just realize the risk.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards