North Carolina

statement of intent

have you guys heard of doing a statement of intent at your wedding? or are you doing one?it is different than the vows.i tried googling it to get some ideas for what to use but i cant find much! anybody know where to look?TIA ladies!

Re: statement of intent

• edited December 2011
    This is the declaration of intent used in my wedding ceremony:_____ /_____ will you take this woman to be your wife/man to be your husband? To live together according to the best ethical principles? Will you promise to affirm her/him, and care for her/him during times of joy and hardship? Will you love her/him, comfort her/him in pain and in sorrow? Will you commit yourself to sharing your feelings of happiness and sadness? Will you share joy with her/him when she/he is happy and respect her/his dignity as a woman/man, from this day forward? Do you pledge to remain faithful to her/him? Response: I will. It looks funky with all the he/she, her/him, woman/man stuff in there, but you get the idea.
  • smlinebesmlinebe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep, this was part of the traditional Methodist ceremony provided by our pastor.  It was very similar to what is posted above.  DH and I simply responded with "I will".  Then the vows came later...I have always heard it done this way
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing one, and our officiant is writing it for us. It's beautiful, but I don't have a draft. When I get one, I'll share it with you. She has one listed at acharlotteweddingminister.com under Sample Ceremony.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards