Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Invitation help

I was wondering what you ladies used/are using for your invitations?? I was thinking of having my brother design them then just print them out but I am afraid that may get too expensive after desinging and printing everything out. I am not wanting to go over $300 and I only need 85 invitations. Any recommendations???

Re: Invitation help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am making my own. I've ordered supplies which will make 100 invites plus reply card and envelopes for $160 at paperandmore.com. Hopefully I won't have to use a ton of ink, but if so it will still be cheaper than getting pre-made invites. Also, a lot of stores like Target, Michaels and Staples have invitation kits which are really reasonable.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, if you're worried about printing costs at home, it may be cheaper to get them printed at Kinko's if you're doing your own.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I second the Kinko's idea! only 10 cents each to have them print for you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Yochi Designs and loved them .I had a lot of custom work done to mine (and ordered 120 invitations and mine was around 500. Its worth checking out. I loved kinkos for my programs and menu cards, but I am glad I used someone else for my invites.
    http://www.yochistudio.com/wedding.htm
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was very pleased with Pink Ink... they were great and they created a really unique invitation for me. They create all of theirs.. everything is made at their shop. Their website gives a good idea of their style (they post examples)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Pink Ink and Yochi are two who I'd recommend. 

I DIY-ed everything (except for the letterpressing and the invitation calligraphy, I outsourced that), but I went WAY overboard on the budget for the invites, so I wouldn't recommend following my example if you're looking to cut costs.
  • Options
    jenn1981jenn1981 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used blustery day design off of a couple of recommendations from other knotties and they were probably my most fav vendor. they were absolutely fabulous and worked with my super small budget.
    they designed my invites completely from scratch based on the look, style and colors that i wanted. i ended up ordering all of my paper products from them (most that i'd originally planned on DIY'ing) because they were so inexpensive and did such a great job.
    i was able to assemble some of my double layered items myself to save on even more $$.
    i definitely recommend you check them out!

www.blusterydaydesign.com
    Jenn & Jason
    September 27, 2008
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards