Canada-Ontario

Churches in GTA

Does anyone have any suggestions for a nice church? We're looking for one that has high ceilings and maybe stained glass windows. We're not Catholic though, so I don't think we can go to a Catholic church....

Re: Churches in GTA

• sugiepiesugiepie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think ST james on King street east near Jarvis is anglican.  It looks like a cathedral.
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm assuming then that you guys don't have a regular church and are looking for a church venue that takes non-members for weddings?My friends got married at Timothy Eaton Memorial Church on St. Clair W. I'm pretty sure they're not members of that church.Just out of curiosity... may I ask why you want to have a church wedding?
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Alice81410Alice81410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the replies!Ring_pop: We want to have it in a church because we are religious in that we believe in God, etc., so we feel that it would be right to be married in a church. But we have not been attending church every Sunday, and that's where you're right about us not having our own church to go to.  Timothy Eaton is a gorgeous church but my fiance's brother just got married there 3 days ago, so we want to find a different place :PSugiepie: Thanks for the suggestion for St. James - we will definitely check it out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards