Illinois-Chicago

Wedding shower advice (I'm a "Nester" & now planning someone else's shower

Hello Everyone, I'm planning a bridal shower & was wondering if any of you had yours at Maggianos or Drury Lane, & what you thought. I'd also love to hear any recommendations you might have for another venue in the Nortwest suburbs or Oak Brook area. Unfortunately our condo is to small for me to host it at home. Thanks!
Me: 42, DH: 43. We are so grateful to have a 2yr old daughter, conceived naturally after 3 miscarriages & no treatments (our Dr. gave us 1 more month to try on our own before advacing to IVF, & we conceived her naturally in January 2010)! Trying since April 2011 without sucess....MD said we were both "fine" & that if it wasn't happening, it was a chromosomal issue. Finally started Follistim 225mcg injections with an Ovidrel trigger November 2012. Bleeding 11 days post Ovidrel on November 25th. Starting the whole lab/Ultrasound/Follistim cycle again on November 27th...

Re: Wedding shower advice (I'm a "Nester" & now planning someone else's shower

• cmk1215cmk1215 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our shower was at Harry Caray's in Lombard and it was great!  Everybody loved the food!  Service was great too.  Prices were very reasonable.  We are having our rehearsal dinner at Maggiano's in Oak Brook  : )
  • edited December 2011
    Mine is in 3 weeks at Mon Ami Gabi in Oak Brook. I can't tell you for sure what it's like yet, but my FMIL who's planning it thinks it's great and that they have been treating them (those planning it) very well. Worth checking out.
  • Sparkette19Sparkette19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you thought about hosting it at a park district type place....not like an outdoor picnic pavillion or anything but a local golf course or community center. I live in Elk Grove Village and there are some very reasonable places around there.
    When you're born in Chicago you're blessed and you're healed the first time you walk into Wrigley Field. My Bio
  • drbweddingdrbwedding member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My shower was at the hyatt lodge and it was amazing. There were 40 guests. You may want to look into Oak Brook Bath & Tennis club. It's more affordable and very nice as well. That's were my wedding is at.
  • edited December 2011
    My mom had mine at Wildfire. We were comparing Wildfire and Maggianos, and it seemed like you got more for your money at Wildfire.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards