Michigan-Detroit
Options

anyone been to an Ipod reception?

my friend who is on a very strict budget is thinking about not having DJ, but rather just putting songs onto an Ipod, renting a PA system and then putting it on shuffle and having a friend introduce people.  Anyone been to an ipod dj'd wedding??   TIAi'm thinking it would not be very good, but i've never been to one.  i mean my DJ played a variety of genre's until he figured out which tyep of music got my group of guests on the dance floor. 

My Chart
TTC since Sept 2009
Cycle#9-Natural BFP 7/9/2010 ~ m/c 7/31/2010 ~ 8/31/10 beta 0.
Nov/Dec 2011, started seeing RE. HSG-all clear! SA is good! DX = unexplained IF.
Cycle#25-50mg clomid, IUI#1 = BFP 12/24/11 ~ m/c 1/5/12 ~ 2/21/12 beta level finally 0.
Cycle#28- 100mg clomid + Ovidrel + IUI#2 = BFN
Cycle#29- Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI#3 = BFP 5/8/12 ~ betas dropped 5/17/12 ~ Cytotec(fail) D&C (fail) & then a methotrexate shot to get things going ~ 6/28/12 Beta FINALLY 0.
RPL tests reveal MTHFR mutation(1copy)-adding Folgard & BA and moving forward.
Cycle#32-Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI#4 = BFP!
Beta#1 8/21/12: 11, Beta#2 8/23: 71, Beta#3 8/25:174
9/4-seen sac/yolk, 9/7-9/12 hospitalized for a ruptured cyst causing massive internal bleeding.
9/11-seen HB!! 9/18- no HB, 9/21/12-D&C. Fetal tissue testing revealed a healthy boy. Now getting more tests to try to figure out this mystery :(

Re: anyone been to an Ipod reception?

• Options
    ejayejay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never been to an ipod wedding... but I am in communication right now with Frank from Absolute Entertainment. He was referred to me by a good friend of mine. I haven't met with him yet, but his prices, seriously, can't be beat. I bet he rivals the same rate as renting the sound equipment. Check him out and see if he's within her budget :)http://www.absoluteentertainmentnow.com/
  • Options
    tnspighttnspight member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI asked a local club dj (he's never done a wedding but has a great voice) to work our wedding.  He said he'd do it for free as FI (cop) has helped him w/tickets.  We're still going to give him $ of course.  Anyway, we are going to put the songs together, rent the equipment and he'll mc.  He has a great voice that will be perfect.  He's also bringing his laptop just in case he gets requests.  I don't think people will notice.  I would be worried about putting the ipod on shuffle b/c of the variety of genres that might pop up.  I have some opera on my ipod and can imagine the party coming to a screeching halt, lol!  Can they set the ipod to shuffle one playlist that they assign for the wedding so that it doesn't play some odd genre song no one would want to hear?  Also, if it's on shuffle, it might switch to a slow song just when everyone was getting into a groove.  Can anyone monitor the ipod for them?
  • Options
    mardoll10mardoll10 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hey Alisha,I've been to one before.  Honestly, it was bad.  They had one of their buddies control the music from a laptop, and I assume they rented speakers and a sound board.  The guy had NO clue how to MC, and there were lots of awkward silences, issues with volume, etc.  The bride and groom were on the young side, so I don't think they minded much, but it annoyed the heck outta me.  I'd really recommend against it unless they find someone who can handle it and knows what they're doing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My best friend did this for her wedding this summer, but it was quite a casual event and outdoors. There wasn't a whole lot of dancing, besides the first dance, mother groom dance, and father daughter dance. They didn't put it on shuffle though, they had all the songs they wanted played in order that they wanted it played. It worked out good for that kind of event, but if it's going to be more formal, and they want a big party, I wouldn't do it.
  • Options
    jujubee455jujubee455 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of my BM had an ipod reception... actually think it was a laptop they used. But regardless, it all worked out great. No issues whatsoever, and I don't think anyone really thought twice about it. There was an open bar, and that is really all I cared about lol. It was probably one of the most fun weddings I have been to as well! Very laid back, not stuffy, and great music.
    My baby Sir Winston Churchill and I
    My Bio Updated 10/6/09 with tons more DIY
    229 Invited to the Greatest Wedding Evarimage 137 Are my Homies 4 Lifeimage 9 Are trying to drive me nuts image Somehow I lost the part with the declines... but I have 83 declines... eww a bit more than expected.
  • Options
    jujubee455jujubee455 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and my BM didn't have anyone MC... it was just music.
    My baby Sir Winston Churchill and I
    My Bio Updated 10/6/09 with tons more DIY
    229 Invited to the Greatest Wedding Evarimage 137 Are my Homies 4 Lifeimage 9 Are trying to drive me nuts image Somehow I lost the part with the declines... but I have 83 declines... eww a bit more than expected.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to one this weekend... I'll let you know how it goes.
  • Options
    jleigh1902jleigh1902 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend did this at her wedding a couple weeks ago. They had her uncle MC through the first dances and then it was basically on shuffle the rest of the night. It was fine I think until later in the night when people started helping themselves to their favorite songs. It was a little annoying because a good song would come on, my friends and I would get up to dance, and then someone would change it and we'd all sit back down. I still had a fun time but I don't think I danced as much at her wedding as I did at my friend's who hired a DJ.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been to one and it was great. The only thing I would suggest is to have the playlist on several ipods and play the songs from the Computer because it should have less glitches. I hate to say this but I preferred not hearing a dj. But that is just my opinion.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards