Texas-Houston

Questions...(wedding related)

I didn't want to do multiple posts. I figured it would be easier to do all in one shot...1. Those of you who used wedding sparklers, did you get them locally and where?2. Did your baker provide a cake stand or did you buy/rent one? I need one.....cheap!3. I'm hung up on favors. I want to do customized candy bars, a yummy boutique style cookie, or some nice chocolates (like 3 truffles in a pretty box) - what do you girls think?4. I am wanting to group 3 glass cylinders together on my tables. I want to get them really cheap because I will need a lot. Anyone know of a good place? I've found them from $6 to $15 each. I looked at Arnes and they didn't have what I want. I also looked at Garden Ridge (in Katy)That's all I can think of for now. My brain is fried from decor shopping over the weekend.TIA!

Re: Questions...(wedding related)

• ayersfam20ayersfam20 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    e-mail me about the candy bars.  ayersfam20 at gmail dot com.
    Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
    Collin Thayne 10.11.2010
  • edited December 2011
    ayers - YGM
  • STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    1. I know kristennicole has some for sale in her bio2. I didn't buy a cake stand my baker provided one. I know you can rent more elaborate ones from your baker.3. I think your favor idea sounds sooo yummy. you should trying doing cake balls. those are sooo good!4. like happy said try the dollar store, ikea, hobby lobby (when they have all glass at 50% off -they do this every other week)
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • erin0709erin0709 member
    edited December 2011
    I have centerpieces like you are describing - cylinders with floating candles on top.  If you want to meet me and mrunner tomorrow at Stadia, you can see them and let me know if you want to use them.  Also, there are pictures in my bio (under DIY tab) if you want to confirm that is what you are looking for. 
    imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    I need 3 different sizes of cylinders, which has been my problem. I found 2 sizes at garden ridge, but not the next size smaller. I even tried looking at the libbey website. That's where most stores get their glassware.....no luck there either.
  • ayersfam20ayersfam20 member
    edited December 2011
    ygm :)
    Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
    Collin Thayne 10.11.2010
  • edited December 2011
    I got my glass cylinders for super cheap it was either 1.99 or 2.99 a piece from an online outlet email me at vanessa.miller@westonsolutions.com. If you would like a copy of the online catalog. I have enough for 9 tables that will also be for sale after the wedding. hth
  • edited December 2011
    erin - I'm looking for the taller ones. but thanks though. I looked at your site and I like the flowers in the cylinders with the candle on top, those turned out great!
    edited December 2011
    yes, mine are 3 different heights, bought as a set.
    imageimage
  • janie2002janie2002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    3. I'm hung up on favors. I want to do customized candy bars, a yummy boutique style cookie, or some nice chocolates (like 3 truffles in a pretty box) - what do you girls think?I like this idea- last minute I wanted to buy Godiva chocolates (my colors were pinks, black and touches of gold) I thought the gold truffle boxes would look so cute, but I decided against it since it added up to like 300. Anyways I went the cheap way and got black boxes with black ribbon (39.98 with Micheals coupon) and bought kisses, and other variety candy. It still looked cute and was like 70 bucks. http://www.godiva.com/boutique/wedding_direct.aspx
    edited December 2011
    oh, okay.  Hard to be too picky when you don't want to spend a lot, but I understand wanting a certain look.  The tallest one was a little over a foot tall, I think, probably hard to tell in the pictures. I liked how you can fill them with just about anything (beads, flowers, sand, ivy). 
    imageimage
  • txbootsytxbootsy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My venue provided my cake stand My favor was also the candy bar and my venue provided the candy bar too. I am not much help, but the candy bars are very sucessful!
    18 Months!! imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm surprised u didn't see anything at garden ridge, but then again i'm not g.r. has went down. I remember going with mom to garden ridge and they had all types of decorative things. Now it sucks. try candles4less.com
  • edited December 2011
    I need to have taller cylinders because we're going to put stems of orchids inside the cylinder with water with a floating candle on top. My wedding is going to be small so I won't have many tables, that's why we wanted to do something big on the tables, but not overwhelming.
  • edited December 2011
    kristi - it TOTALLY has gone down hill. I found the short glass bowls that we are going to put floating candles in, but they hardly had any of the bigger glassware. I was lucky enough to find the really tall glass vases that I want for my family tables. GR used to be fantastic, now it looks like a yard sale :-(
  • helloerrbodyhelloerrbody member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try IKEA for the cylinders. I actually used some drinking glasses they have for vases. I got the other-sized cylinder vases from Garden Ridge. My baker had the cake stand - $40 to rent I believe plus a deposit check that she returned to us when we returned the stand. If you want to do favors but are on a budget, you could stack 3 Ghirardelli chocolates and tie them (like you would tie ribbon on a square package) with ribbon that matches your wedding colors. Venusribbon dot com has great ribbon if you want something a bit special. You could get the chocolates at a discount at Sam's or possibly online. You could set each stack at the place settings.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    There is a new store in old Pasadena called Casa Guero.  They have LOTS of vases at CHEAP prices.  I bought HUGE trumpet vases that were 30-40 everywhere else for $9 I think?  It might be worth the drive or maybe a phone call to see what you have.  I noticed in my search that it is hard to find vases at a good price that look nice.  I never thougth I would care about "how the glass looked" but it makes a difference.  Another post mentioned Hobby Lobby.  I adore that place!  If what you want isn't on sale today, it will be next week.  I LOVE sales that are predictable!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    http://www.wedding-candles.ca/categories.asp?category=Floating%20Candle%20CenterpiecesTry this site.  I was looking to do the same thing, and I found these that come as sets.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards