Illinois-Chicago

Any advice on bridesmaid dresses?!?!

I want to pick the color and length but let the bridesmaid choose their style. I know David's Bridal has options like that but are there other places/internet site that you recommend?

Re: Any advice on bridesmaid dresses?!?!

• edited December 2011
    I'm using Aria (www.ariadress.com) they have tons of dresses that you can do this with.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Dessy.com
    image "Always love. Don't wail til the finish line."-Nada Surf
  • edited December 2011
    I did that for my bridesmaids. I told them the length and said Midnight Navy from the Dessy collection. Then I told them that they can order it through Dessy or Netbride. Definitely DO NOT go through House of Brides.
  • edited December 2011
    J Crew. The store on Michigan Ave carries the whole line, so you don't have to order online.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • edited December 2011
    I second Aria. I used them for my wedding and they were great. See vendor review in my married bio.
  • edited December 2011
    We're also doing that with Dessy. I just specified the color, fabric type, and length and then they can choose whichever style they want. They have at least 15 options that way. My MOH is collecting the styles from the rest of the BMs to ensure that there are no duplicates, and then we'll order from NetBride, which will save the girls at least $20 a piece. I've heard such horrible things about David's Bridal and HOB, that I would never think of putting my girls through that nightmare. I suggest you pick a designer, a color, a fabric, and a length and then order from online or at an independent bridal store - most of whom give you a discount for ordering 5+ dresses.  
  • edited December 2011
    i second J Crew. I told the girls which style they could use, and in which colors, and i let them choose from there. Definitely go to the J Crew on Michigan Avenue so yuo can see it all in person and decide which fabric and style(s) you would like to work with. J Crew has been very easy to work with, and all of my girl's dresses fit them beautifully (Minus my pregnant sister, but her alterations are VERY easy to do with the j crew dress). GL!
  • edited December 2011
    I am using separates from Alfred Angelo.  I chose 4 different tops, and let them chose any of the 4.  The skirts are all the same.  I checked out David's Bridal, but I didn't like the material at all for the colors we chose (pink and platinum).  Make sure whatever you chose you see it in person, as I found the materials and colors look different online than they do in person.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards