Nevada-Las Vegas

Floral Question

Is it reasonable to ask potential florists to show me a mock-up of their suggestions so I know what they look like? I'm talking about centrepieces.Or is this just another thing I miss out on because I'm planning long-distance :(
BFP #1 MM/C discovered at 8w2d, loss 11/18/11
I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven
BFP #2 7/7/12, EDD 3/14/13, stick baby stick!
image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Floral Question

• atlcatloveratlcatlover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's completely reasonable, and unless you are using really seasonal flowers that are hard to get I don't see why they wouldn't do this for you.
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Doing a mock-up?  Absolutely!Doing a free mock-up?  Well, it can't hurt to ask.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • edited December 2011
    Of course! The florist did a mock-up of our entire tablescape (including the floral centerpieces). Ain't nothing wrong with asking!
  • edited December 2011
    Most definitely!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think it is fair to ask for a mock up...i don't think it is fair for a bride to not expect for there to be a charge. i saw a bride on another board just having a fit about being charged for a mock up. the florist would still have costs for the flowers for a mock up so i didn't understand her very outrageous reaction.
  • SunnyCanadianSunnyCanadian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies - I just wanted to make sure it was okay since I can't meet with the florist in-person.
    BFP #1 MM/C discovered at 8w2d, loss 11/18/11
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven
    BFP #2 7/7/12, EDD 3/14/13, stick baby stick!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards