Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

makeup help

I really need some help. I went to Get Polished for my trial and I'm not that happy. When i got there i had powder on with some blush. They airbrushed over that, well by the time i got home a few areas on my face i noticed the makeup was coming off. Also i noticed on the falselash a spot of glue and the lash easily came off. I'm not sure if this is because of the powder under the airbrush makeup or if my face is too dry. I was also not satisified with my hair. The hairpins were falling out and it just looked a little messy. Has anyone had expererience like this with get polished? Has anyone had their makeup done at Makemeup on magazine or makeup lab artisery?

Re: makeup help

• Options
    cutieliz70056cutieliz70056 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a similar experience with Get Polished. I decided to hire Kimberly Amacker to do my makeup for the wedding now. She did my makeup for my cousins wedding and I loved it. She primarily works on movie sets so her schedule is limited. I decided to just let my hairdresser that I normally go to just do my hair. After the GP experience I decided why take a chance again wasting money for stuff I might not like. HTH!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Make Me Up and was very pleased. I had my trial with the artist that was doing my makeup on my wedding day and it went great. I gave her a picture of the look i wanted and she made it happen.  A word of advice - if you do have another makeup trial...do not wear any makeup...just come with your moisturizer applied. I got airbrush makeup and it looked amazing and held up for my trial and on my wedding day. On my trial one of the eyelashes was not put on that well and started to come off in one corner but i told her on the wedding day and she made sure to put extra glue on, and there were no problems! I didnt have to touch up mymakeup at all! I would definitely recommend them!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my trial with Get Polished and was pleased. When they were going my hair they told me that it would be a little loose at the trial, but on the day of it would be tighter (I'm going with a very loose hairstyle as is). My makeup came out fine as well, but I had washed my face before I went in. Did you mention to them that your hair was a little loose?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Get Polished did my makeup for my wedding and I was pleased with the results. Did they know that you had powder on prior to applying the makeup? That may be the reason the makeup did not hold up. My only suggestion to those dealing with Get Polished (or any one else) is make sure the person who is doing your trial is the one doing your makeup for the wedding. I went in for a trial and the girl did a great job and we talked about what I would want a little different for the wedding. On the day of the wedding two different girls showed up to do our makeup. In the end we were pleased with our makeup but it seemed to defeat the point in doing a trial.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This scares me a bit since I'll be using Get Polished but am OOT.  My trial will be 2 days before my wedding.  Does Get Polished only have Emily doing hair/make-up or others?  Were you have with the look before you felt it came off?  I would probably address these concerns with her and see if it was because of the powder foundation or if she was just doing a quick job for the trial.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ya'll for the responses and the great advice. I guess the way i think of it is..if that was my business and someone was thinking of hiring me for their wedding i would make sure to do the best i can do. I would not do a partial job. It just scares me and it is hard for me to trust people like that. I thought i communicated with them pretty well on what i wanted. I guess i was turned off from the beginning on how they did the trial. They knew i had the powder on before and thought it would not be a problem. If it's in your budget i would defintely get a trial done before and find out for yourself because everyone has a different experience. It is aggravating that i wasted that money for nothing but i do want to feel comfortable and happy with the results in the end.
  • Options
    lisleelislee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Two Sisters Hair and Makeup and loved it. They did the airbrush and lashes and I was completely satisfied! Hope all turns out well
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to let everyone know that my experience at makemeup was awesome! I really liked how my hair and makeup came out. The artist i had took her time and did a good job. Of course I decided to book them for my wedding. Good Luck to everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards