Ohio-Columbus
Options

Announcement in local paper?

Did any of you ladies do this? If so, how soon before you wedding? Sounds like our parents are into the idea for our small local newspaper, but I didn't know if there was any sort of etiquette behind it. Thanks. :)

Re: Announcement in local paper?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I put one in the local paper where we both grew up which is also where our wedding will be.  The newspaper had an online submission form.  I only did it about six weeks before the wedding.  Most people do it as soon as they get engaged but it doesn't really matter.  I only did it b/c my Gma really wanted me to & she sent copies to about everyone she's ever met lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We put an engagement announcement in the local papers where my parents and DH's parents live and then an announcement in the paper of the small town that my whole family is from . . . my grandmother also cut it out and showed it to anyone and everyone ;-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! We'll probably do one for my local newspaper and one for FI's in Tennessee. I think it'll be nice to have, and the parents are all for it. :P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards