Honeymoon Discussions

Maui Luau's...

has anyone been to both the Old Lahaina and the Hyatt Regency's Luau?  I have read both good and bad reviews on the net... just wondering what you knotties think.  I am going to Maui in November and I'm thinking of making reservations to one of these luau's soon.   TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Maui Luau's...

• I heard the Old Lahaina one was the best and not to be missed -- I will be there next week on my honeymoon!! :) Book early!
  • I just have to chime in- the Feast at Lele luau (in Lahaina) is probably the nicest luau that I have been to on the Hawaiian islands.  Just something else for you to look into.
    DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts (4AB & 3BB); 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Keeping fingers crossed
    Everyone is welcome!
  • well I did hear Old Lahaina was the most authentic, but after reading reviews some people said it got a little boring and repetitive. Have a great time on your honeymoon!  let us know how the luau was!
  • I've done the OLL twice now (including once two weeks ago with our wedding guests) and everyone loved it! For just about everyone, it made their top 3 things they'd experienced on Maui.
  • We will be there in November also! How many days are you going for? We're booking at the Old Lahaina Luau, and possibly doing the one at our hotel, which is also supposed to be good (Sheraton Maui).
  • We'll be in Hawaii for 2 weeks, going to 4 islands (oahu, big island, maui, kauai).  So we'll only be in maui for 3 nights (Nov 10-13)
  • Two weeks is REALLY nice, I am kind of bummed because we're only going for a week (staying in Maui the whole time), I wanted to stay longer but FI couldnt take off that long, etc etc.
  • I'm a little worried that we're cramming too much in those 2 weeks since we'll only be on each island for 3 nights.  guess it'll give us reason to go back, haha.  either way i'm sure we'll love it there!
  • I haven't done both, but I've hear that the ones at the hotels aren't as good (and usually have more kids attending, if that's important at all to you).We went to the Old Lahaina Luau in June and loved it.  The food was great, tasty drinks, my full review is in my bio under Vendor Reviews.  It's titled "Maui Honeymoon Review" and I have restaurant reviews and activity reviews as well.
  • OLL is a blast! The Feast at Lei Lei is also supposed to be fantastic. I think with either one you will be pleased.
  • We loved the Old Lahaina Luau! It was easy to get to and they greeted you with Mai-tais :) We stayed at the Hyatt and could see the luau there from our balcony each night. It did have the fire dancing and stuff that OLL does not. You could walk down the path and see some for free! DH loved the assortment of food at the OLL...it was traditional Hawaiin.
  • thanks! i will def. discuss the seating with FI; and hopefully while we're at the Hyatt, we'll sneak a peak at their luau!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards